Collection file location customization?

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Collection file location customization?

Postby Zzardum » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi there!

I'm just getting back into MTG, and after fishing around the current software scene, I've chosen MTG Studio as my main management software.

I love practically everything about it, but I fear that there are a few things that aren't as customizable as I'd like. The main one currently is the collection file location - it appears to be fixed in the Windows roaming settings location, but I'd really really really like to have it on OneDrive, where it can be both automatically backed up and essentially shared between a few of my computers.

Am I missing some easy way to achieve this, or even a hacky way?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

p.s. BTW, the main MTG Studio website has a note in the upper left saying "Last Version: 3.81 (Jan 2018)" … note the incorrect year! That almost threw me off and made me look elsewhere, so you probably want to update that!
Zzardum
Apprentice

Re: Collection file location customization?

Postby gaddlord » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello,

An easy way to to have your collection on One Drive is to use the Portable version installed on the One Drive.

https://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx

The portable version does not no require installation at all and has the mtgstudio.collection file in the main executable folder.

The main MTG Studio website has a note in the upper left saying "Last Version: 3.81 (Jan 2018)"

This is fixed now. Thanks!
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Questions on Features