[SOLVED] MTG Studio 1.6.4 Migration to 1.6.5

Lists all imlemented suggestions or issues solved.

[SOLVED] MTG Studio 1.6.4 Migration to 1.6.5

Postby gaddlord » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Paul Vervalin wrote:Is there a procedure for upgrading to the latest version of MTG Studio? What happens if I just install the new version over the old version? Why does upgrading cause all my configuration settings to reset? All the card art appears to just remain in the old version. Sorry for all the questions I am new to this S/W and just want to understand how to upgrade properly and be able to retain my settings and not lose all my card art.

Am I supposed to delete the old versions since it appears that all the decks, etc are just installed again?
GET LATEST STABLE https://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm

MTG Studio does not have a good upgrade path (as Firefox for example has).
Currently each new version is installed into a separate folder and has completely default configuration settings, card art folders and decks.

In order to “migrate” from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 for example you can do the following:
1. Copy the “C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\MTG Studio 1.6.4\Card Art” folder over “C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\MTG Studio 1.6.5\Card Art”
2. Use File|Import wizard to import the “C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\MTG Studio 1.6.4\mtgstudio.collection” collection file
3. To migrate your configuration settings you can copy the “C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\MTG Studio 1.6.4\Configuration” folder over “C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\MTG Studio 1.6.5\Configuration” folder. NOT RECOMMENDED.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: MTG Studio 1.6.4 Migration to 1.6.5

Postby gaddlord » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:37 pm

MTG Studio now has auto-upgrade and preservation of configuration settings between versions.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: [SOLVED] MTG Studio 1.6.4 Migration to 1.6.5

Postby 898989ss » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:50 am

If you have ever wanted to join the millions of redditors who use Reddit, then you are probably familiar with fake profiles. These are profiles that look like real people actually. They are often used by spammers or hackers as a way to gain attention and get their message across. If you are interested in getting involved in Reddit but aren't sure how, then here is how to do it. Get your fake Reddit user name and password now with this quick to use fake id Generator. Create an account using a valid email address and then create a strong password. Finally register to post free comments on any of the major discussion boards on Reddit. After successfully registering, you will need to create your first fake profile. The best way to do this is to use the "Reddiquette" section located on the Reddit home page. Here you will learn how to create an authentic looking fake Reddit user name. From here all you have to do is select a strong password designed to keep out spammers and hackers while still allowing you access to your main website. Finally, visit the marketplace and purchase your new fake id Reddit account.
898989ss
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Return to Archive