From MTG Studio
Shows the full name of the card according to MTG Studio. For example Arena [Harper Prism FR] is the full name of the card Arena is from the Harper Prism subset of the Promotional set printed in French. The full name is formed in this way:
CARD_NAME [(SUBSET_NAME? RELEASDED? LANGUAGE? FOIL?)?]? (VERSION)?
- CARD_NAME is name of the English equivalent of the paper version of the card. For the French version of the card L'Aquilon, vaisseau Volant it will be Skyship Weatherlight.
- SUBSET_NAME is the name of the subset (if there is such). For example the Promo cards are split in FNM, MPR, MSS, Gateway, etc.
- RELEASED is the date when the card is released displayed in various formats depending on the subset
- LANGUAGE is 2-letters abbreviation of the language in which the card's name, rules, and flavor text were printed
- FOIL defines whether the card print was foil
- and VERSION shows the number of the of the alternative card art/reprint within the set. Some cards like (Lands for example) have more than one version in a set.
Here are some examples of full card names:
- Accumulated Knowledge [FNM 2004] – the card Accumulated Knowledge promo Friday Night Magic subset of Promotional given as reward in year 2004.
- Dimir Guildmage [Prerelease 07 October 2005] – the pre-release card Dimir Guildmage given on 7, October 2005
- Dwarven Soldiers (3) – the third alternate art version of the Dwarven Soldiers card from the Fallen Empires set
- Ertai, the Corrupted [PS EN Foil] – the foil Planeshift alternate art version of Ertai, the Corrupted
Foil cards have a small Foil icon displayed at the end of the Name column:
Legality - shows whether the card is legal Standard, Modern, Extended, Legacy and Vintage formats. The card legality is visualized using three different colours:
- Green – legal, four copies of the card are allowed in the deck
- Yellow – restricted, only one copy of the card is allowed in the deck
- Red – banned, the card is not tournament legal for this format
|Set is Allowed||Banned||Restricted||Legal|
|Set is not Allowed and does not have a reprint from allowed set||Banned||Restricted||Illegal Set/Banned|
|Set is not Allowed and does have a reprint from allowed set||Banned||Restricted||Has Legal Reprint|
Edition/set abbreviation. Each edition has a one to three letters/digits abbreviation. All abbreviations are listed at Supported Editions.
The full edition/set name in which the card was printed.
This is the color of the card. Magic has five card colors: white, blue, black, red, and green. The color of the card is determined by the mana symbols in the card's mana cost. The color of the card is not determined by its border color. Some cards don't really have color but are grouped by their type such as Lands, Artifacts and Character cards. There are cards which are called Multicolor (aka Gold) which have mana symbols from different colors in their mana cost. There are also Colorless cards.
Shows the type line of the card.
The card rarities are common, uncommon, rare, timeshifted, and mythic. Lands are listed as common. Tokens are listed as common. Most promotional cards are listed with the rarity deduced by their expansion symbol color.
Displays the mana cost of the card. The mana cost is visualized with the standard Magic symbols used in the top right corner of paper printed cards.
Power and Toughness separated by the "/" (slash) symbol. For Planewsleker cards it may show only the Loyalty.
The Power characteristic of the card. The column performs custom sorting taking values like X+1 or * into account.
For Planeswalker cards the column may contain the Loyalty instead.
The Toughness characteristic of the card. The column performs custom sorting taking values like X+1 or * into account.
The flavor text of the card. This text has no impact on the card abilities.
The name of the artist who drew the card art image.
Collector's number. Displays the collector number of the card in the format X/Y (Example: 1/350). For cards which do not have collector number the column is empty. Some (like promo) cards have collector numbers with letters as prefix or suffix.
Converted Mana Cost of the card.
Shows the index of the row within the currently filtered results.
Various operations are allowed over the card pool:
You can reorder the columns by dragging them by their header.
Not all card pool columns are visible by default.
1. You can show or hide Card Pool columns from the Column Choose dialog. Column Choose can be started from View | Cards | Show Column menu or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+C.
This window can be also called by right clicking over the column headers and choosing Filed Chooser.
2. Columns can be hidden or shown from the header context menu
3. Show/hide columns from the Quick Customization icon
Sort one or more columns by clicking on their column header caption.
The sorting can be ascending or descending.
Most of the columns are sorted in alphabetical order.
- The Power and Toughness columns are sorted by their value converted to integral value.
- The No column is sorted by the first part (Collector Number) before the slash symbol.
Click on the column header once to sort it in ascending order. Click over the column header once again to sort it in descending order.
By default the columns are sorted by the columns Edition Abbreviation descending and Name ascending.