Newbie - couple of questions

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Newbie - couple of questions

Postby rhjones19 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm very new to MTG and MTG Studio. I have a couple of questions

1) How to i record that out of 5 of the same card (hypothetically), 1 is a foil and the others aren't. How do/can i record what?

2) I have a Whir of Invention from the launch from Aether Revolt, with the launch date on the front - how can i record this?

Thanks in Advance

Roz
rhjones19
Apprentice

Re: Newbie - couple of questions

Postby HarlequinOfDeath » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:32 pm

1) If you add the card you can click in the pool on the card and select 'no' to add a new row and then click on foil.
2) I think they card pool isn't complete. Missing 4th edition foreign languages as well, for example.
HarlequinOfDeath
Apprentice

Re: Newbie - couple of questions

Postby InDifferent » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pm

In order to separate cards in your collection you will have to create a new row when adding it. After you add a card to your collection, the next time you try to add the same card a pop-up should appear. The pop-up will say that you already have a copy in your collection with a "Yes", "No" or "Cancel" option. Clicking on yes will simply up the quantity by one, but clicking on no will create another row of that card. Whenever you do that you can add on additional attributes like it being a foil or prerelease stamp. For my prerelease cards, I usually just check the foil option and add a note saying that it's a prerelease card along with the date.
InDifferent
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)