Filtering questions

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Filtering questions

Postby lordxur » Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 pm

So I've been using the program for many years, and perhaps it was a part of a recent update, but the filtering function has changed, and I'm not sure how to work it anymore.

My apologies for asking something that may have been covered in another post or a instruction manual...if it has, a link to the relevant doc would be awesome.

I want to search for a dual land for a deck in my collection (for example, a land that produces B and R). What I used to do was click on the 'filter collection' button, then click on the 'Cards' tab, then click the check box next to 'Text', then type in {B}, {R} next to 'AND' (and if this was for a Cmdr deck, I'd be sure to type in {W}, {U}, {G} next to 'NOT').

Now, whenever I type a comma, an 'x' pops up, so the line looks like ' {B} x', and if I type in the rest (so {B} x {R}) and click 'Apply', it immediately drops off the {R}. (If I hadn't put in that first comma, it would drop off the {B} as well).

(Note that anything colors I've typed above are open bracket | either W,U,B,R,G | close bracket)

Can someone assist?
lordxur

Re: Filtering questions

Postby gaddlord » Sun May 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Indeed. The functionality recently changed in order to support the so called "tokens".
Once you type "," or ";" a token will be created with an "X" close button.

In case you need to search for both {B} and {R} separated by comma you can just type

{B},{R}, (the last comma is important since it "closes" the token).

Let us know in case not clear or does not work for you.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: Filtering questions

Postby Peterman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 am

Hi Gaddlord, I'm trying to do this as well but I can't seem to get it to close the token. I feel like I'm missing something important. Please help if you can.
Peterman
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)