Card Art Problems

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Card Art Problems

Postby Guest6 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:49 pm

When I preview the art or go to the folder and look at the jpgs they look great. However, when they view in the card art window they are distorted and grainy to the point you can't read the text and barely tell what the picture is. I'm using winXP and I've tried several screen resolutions with no change. It takes a lot of the fun out, not seeing the pics. Do you have any idea what is wrong or have you expereinced this before?

Thanks!
Guest6

Ugly Card Art

Postby gaddlord » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:21 am

MTG Studio is designed mainly for 1024x768 and 1152x864. We were testing during the development with images with sizes 312 x 445 pixels 24bit color.
We are using high quality images.

Perhaps you have lower quality images or images with smaller dimensions. If this is the case you can download higher quality images from the links mentioned in this forum under the section 'Card Art'

http://www.palmroot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Guest6 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:23 am

I have my monitor set for 1024X768 but I don't have 24 bit only 32 and 16 which I don't think should matter as I've tried them both with no change. The thing is if I do a prview they look fine in my browser or image preview programs. It's only in MTGstudio they look distorted.

Thanks for the help.
Guest6

Postby gaddlord » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:21 pm

MTG Studio "stretches" the images in order to fit one and the same size no matter what are the real width/height of the image. Perhaps "Custom Width and Height" options can be added in one the next versions of MTG Studio. :wink:
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: Card Art Problems

Postby Susan7322 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 am

The preview step is very vital when writing or correcting something. Thank you for the each member of this forum for the clear and understandable answers. I am sure that we will keep in touch.
Susan7322
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)