New Pricing Screen Suggested Enhancements

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see while creating and editing my collection in MTG Studio...

New Pricing Screen Suggested Enhancements

Postby texasaggie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 pm

The new screen is very snappy and I like the ability to see averages, etc.. One thing I noticed when just flipping through those was an inability to filter out foil vs. non-foil cards. This really skews the average price when you factor those in. Is this what the "smart average" is doing behind the scenes?

It would be nice to be able to filter the top list to remove foil vs. non-foil and to be able to filter on the card quality. The same type filters that are on the main collection window would be perfect. Grouping would not be required but the dropdown/filter selections would allow you to include/exclude those values when calculating a price.

Second, I think you need a mouse-over tooltip on the "smart average" to explain what it is doing.

Keep up the good work! It is appreciated.
texasaggie

Postby Schwanke » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Thank you!

Finally someone else who sees what I see as needing to be done.

Thats basically what Ive suggested several times so I am glad I have confirmation that I am not insane lol. I guess we just needed the pricing to be a hot enough topic for someone else to consider it being usefull enough to want to talk about it.

I hope others chime in too. I think we can make this an awesome feature that enhances the sellability of the program if we can work as a community to flesh out what needs to be available in terms of options.
Newest version of the software, beta or otherwise can be found here: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
---
My detailed Pricing Feature Suggestions: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby CptDobey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 am

Personally I do not care much about card pricing (for the moment), but in a program designed to track down your card collection from a game with such speculation and price variations, it is making sense that it (the program) handles the price the best and most complete way possible.

For a game where every cards from very editions are worthing 0.30, there is no need of an elaborate price handling program. MTG is not this kind of card game ;)
Last edited by CptDobey on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CptDobey

Postby Schwanke » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:52 am

I originally bought mtgstudio for its pricing abilities not realizing at the time how incomplete they were. I did this because I wanted to get into buying and reselling them building my own collection along the way. (I had read how people had made as much as 10k a year doing this as a part time job on top of their normal 9-5).

So I was disapointed when I found out how limited it was but then excited at how far it was projected to go.

I am only hoping now that it becomes a popular enough feature for more people that Gad will see fit to put enough focus on it to get it to where it should go. (And I already see him going in that direction) I am fairly confident that my ideas on where it should go are realistic and usefull enough that others will see it similarly but of course I could be wrong. Either way I know that I trust the general perceptions of this forum as to 'what is best' from a community driven options standpoint so even just having 2 or three people commenting on needed options is an improvement over just me. :D
Newest version of the software, beta or otherwise can be found here: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
---
My detailed Pricing Feature Suggestions: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Return to Collection Suggestions (MTG Studio)