MTG Studio 1.6.2 [INCOMPLETE]

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

MTG Studio 1.6.2 [INCOMPLETE]

Postby gaddlord » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:54 am

What's going to be in MTG Studio 1.6.2.

The next 1.6.2 version is targeted to add additional card characteristics to the card pool, deck and collection views in terms of new columns. To the existing 40 columns additional 56 new ones will be added.

General Card Type - such as Land, Creature, Artifact
Creature Type - such as Zombie, Goblin
Block - such as Ravnica Block
Language - The language in which the card rules and flavor are written. such as English, German, etc.
Released - the date and time at which the card has been released
Foil - foil indicator whether the card is printed as foil
Subset - the subset of the Promotional and Token sets such as MPR, Gateway, etc.
Name on Card - The full name of the card as it is in the card art filename. Such as "Char [15th Anniversary Foil]"
Short Card Name - Only the name of the card without version information, foil information, etc.
Version - the version of the card such as 1 in Forest (1)
Used in Decks - how many copies of the card are used in decks.
Excess - how much you have but don't need
Needed- how much do you wish to aquire.
Target - the desired number of cards to own
Buy - buy only, trade only, buy or trade
Buy at - the price I am wiling to pay
Sell - sell only, trade only, sell or trade
Sell at - the price at which I am selling this card
Proxies - the number of proxies you have
Price - shows the current prices from a chosen Online store
Notes - custom user notes
Group - user defined text which can be used to group the inventory cards by
Print Type - Unassigned, Paper, Virtual, Proxy
Desired - Unassigned, Needed badly, Needed, Normal, Not needed, Junk

Card Pool Existing: Full Card Name, Legality, Set Abbrviation, Card Color, Type, Rarity, Cost, PT, Text, Flavor, Artist, Set Name, Collector No, Power, Toughness, CMC, Row

Card Pool New Columns: Price, General Card Type, Creature Type, Block, Language, Released, Foil, Subset, Name on Card, Short Card Name, Version, Notes

Deck existing: Card Name, Legality, Deck Qty, SB Qty, General Card Type, Set Abbreviation, Color, Card Type, Rarity, Cost, PT, Set Name, Text

Deck new columns: Price, Flavor, Artist, Set Name, Collector No, Power, Toughness, CMC, Creature Type, Block, Language, Released, Foil, Subset, Name on Card, Short Card Name, Version, Notes

Collection existing: Card Name, Set, Qty, Condition, Foil, Notes, Storage, Collector No

Collection new columns: Used in Decks, Excess, Needed, Target, Buy, Buy at, Sell, Sell at, Proxies, Price, Group, Desired, Print Type, Legality, Card Color, Type, Rarity, Cost, PT, Text, Flavor, Artist, Set Name, Collector No, Power, Toughness, CMC, Row, General Card Type, Creature Type, Block, Language, Released, Foil, Subset, Name on Card, Short Card Name, Version
Last edited by gaddlord on Sun May 02, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GET LATEST STABLE https://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:13 am

I have added support for importing cards from the deck into the collection.
Simply use the already available Cards|Add to Collection menu when cards from the deck are selected. The selected cards will be copied to the collection with quantity equal to the sum of the copies in deck and sideboard.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Uncle Spooky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 am

When do we get our grubby hands on it?

Mark
Uncle Spooky
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:56 pm

When do we get our grubby hands on it?

Today I have just started coding on the new 1.6.2. It would take some while. Since adding all this information would require redesign in almost every module - Card Pool, Deck file format, Collection format, Rules.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Throgvar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 am

gaddlord wrote:I have added support for importing cards from the deck into the collection.
Simply use the already available Cards|Add to Collection menu when cards from the deck are selected. The selected cards will be copied to the collection with quantity equal to the sum of the copies in deck and sideboard.

Could you please specify whether this feature has been already introduced in 1.6.1 version or will be introduced in the 1.6.2?

As of now, "use ... Cards|Add to Collection menu when cards from the deck are selected" does not work. I am using a trial version for a couple of days. Maybe that is the reason?

And thanks for the good program. It really helps. Although a possibility to build decks from collection would be of great use.
Throgvar
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:54 am

This is a feature which will be present in 1.6.2 which is close to release.
The 1.6.2 beta has it http://www.mtgstudio.com/download/beta/ ... _1.6.2.zip
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Throgvar » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm

Please, advise. I am building my collection using the card pool and I have 4 same cards and one of them is foil. How I can add foil and non-foil cards to the collection separately? Now they fall into one line in the collection.
Throgvar
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:45 pm

I am building my collection using the card pool and I have 4 same cards and one of them is foil. How I can add foil and non-foil cards to the collection separately?

You should add the card twice on two different rows. Row 1 will have Qty = 3, Foil = unchecked. Row 2 will have Qty = 1 and Foil = checked.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Throgvar » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 pm

You should add the card twice on two different rows. Row 1 will have Qty = 3, Foil = unchecked. Row 2 will have Qty = 1 and Foil = checked.

That is pretty clear :) . But how to do this in practice? The cards are added into one and the same row. If I check the box "foil" for the first transferred copy of the card, then all other copies are added as foils.
Throgvar
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Throgvar wrote:But how to do this in practice? The cards are added into one and the same row. If I check the box "foil" for the first transferred copy of the card, then all other copies are added as foils.

Whenever you add a card to the collection which already has been added a similar to the one below prompt message will appear:

Do you see such? If not I guess you have checked "Never ask again" option. If you wish to start appearing again delete your mtgstudio.conf file from the configuration folder.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Questions on Features