Commander Decks

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Commander Decks

Postby Moosesjr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 am

When building the decks there should be an option to make the deck for Commander, Legacy, Standard, or whatever format you want to use it in. This way we can look at the decks and have it checked for the format we want it in.

We also should be able to see what foils we have in the deck along with the price of the decks that we use.

If we set up a commander deck now, which I have three in there right now, We can not designate which one is our commander and we can not print off a deck registration sheet with the option commander/EDH. At my local game stores we run a lot of 2HG and regular commander tournaments and it is easier to print out a sheet than have to go through 100 cards each week and say which is my commander and such.
Last edited by Moosesjr on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moosesjr

Re: Commander Decks

Postby CptDobey » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:57 am

Hello,

Quick tricks to workaround your issues:
Add 99 cards to your deck.
Add the Commander to the sideboard (as Commander deck usually doesn't have a real sideboard).
I'm sure your LGS will not refuse such a "trick" on your registration sheet.

Why don't you save your decks is various directories (Vintage, Legacy, Commander, Standard...) ?
Moreover: when you open a deck, click only once on the deck in the "open window". On the right, various data are displayed. Among them, you have the deck legality.

PS : Your posts will be easier to read and understand if you hit "return" sometimes, between subjects for instance ;)
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby Moosesjr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am

It is not as easy as adding a commander to the sideboard. We play with a sideboard to begin with, so putting our commander inside of it would not work.

Also the official Wizard DCI registration sheet changed as of GP Richmond and the new format can be found at https://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/C ... CKLIST.pdf which was updated on 14 May 2013.
Moosesjr

Postby Azul » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:23 pm

I understand because I've had things like this that I have wanted before, but I have come to terms with the fact that sometimes the manual solution is really the easiest one. Your stuff won't look electronically perfect, but I'd just grab a highlighter and either star or highlight your commander. I don't think your local game store is going to have an issue with your deck list being handed in with your commander highlighted.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Moosesjr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:06 am

I can do it that way. I have already come to terms with having questions asked about my decklist every tournament because the lands have the number next to them of which one it is from the set.
Moosesjr

Postby pasbanfsd001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:44 am

When building the decks there should be an option to make the deck for Commander, Legacy, Standard, or whatever format you want to use it in. This way we can look at the decks and have it checked for the format we want it in.

We also should be able to see what foils we have in the deck along with the price of the decks that we use.

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)