Some Suggestions for new versions

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Some Suggestions for new versions

Postby zorbaelbudha » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Hello all. I've bought this product a couple of months ago because MWS corrupted my inventory files and with the inclusion of Shards of Alara I couldn't open my prior backups.

So my main motivation for using MTG Studio so far is to keep track of my collection of cards.

My main issue is with the card masterbase. I know MTG Studio can handle a huge database with cards in different languages and such. But to have each card using the original wording instead of Oracle's is sometimes a pain in the butt (as for example when I try to make a Human Tribal deck and Icatian Scout is not shown when I list the cards sorted by type).

Also (and this is in my opinion) if you display the Oracle Text on the box on the lower left, that same text should be the one shown in the display balloon on the popup that appears when you mouse over the card image.

Then I noticed that in the filter screens the types 'Planeswalker' and 'Tribal' are missing, and you should change 'Legend' to 'Legendary'.

Finally, as I use my collection to create the decks, I think that there has to be a feature that could make the collection grid substitute the main grid and I'd like to be able to filter through my collection also.

Also I've noticed some errors in your database (I'm at work now so I don't have my laptop with me, but I believe that Skyhunter Skirmisher from 10th edition is listed as a Cat Soldier instead of a Cat Knigt).

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work (I really love MTG Studio, if you think that I sound to whiny is because I see the potential in the program).
zorbaelbudha

Postby gaddlord » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Your feedback is highly appreciated. Well done! MTG Studio can stay on the top only due to the fact it has some of the best users which are always demanding for more. Be very welcome to share your opinion freely. :wink:

...Now to the questions:

I've bought this product a couple of months ago because MWS corrupted my inventory files and with the inclusion of Shards of Alara I couldn't open my prior backups.

Send the backup to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com. Perhaps I can try to fix it for you. Import from MWS inventory is planned for the next MTG Studio.

But to have each card using the original wording instead of Oracle's is sometimes a pain in the butt.

I plan to add 2 additional columns Oracle Type and Oracle Text which will contain the data you refer to. It would require some internal changes but will produce a better user experience, I agree. The request is logged as C118 and C119 at http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=932 .

Also (and this is in my opinion) if you display the Oracle Text on the box on the lower left, that same text should be the one shown in the display balloon on the popup that appears when you mouse over the card image.

This can be a setting whether the Text on Card or Oracle Text to be displayed. The request is logged as A111 in http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3105#3105.

Then I noticed that in the filter screens the types 'Planeswalker' and 'Tribal' are missing, and you should change 'Legend' to 'Legendary'.

You are right Legend shall be changed to Legendary. I will add Planeswalker for the next version.

Finally, as I use my collection to create the decks, I think that there has to be a feature that could make the collection grid substitute the main grid and I'd like to be able to filter through my collection also.

Planned. For complete list of planned Collection features see http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=927

Also I've noticed some errors in your database (I'm at work now so I don't have my laptop with me, but I believe that Skyhunter Skirmisher from 10th edition is listed as a Cat Soldier instead of a Cat Knigt).

This is a bug. I fixed it for the next version. Please send all your card database error finding to this forum or gaddlord@mtgstudio.com.

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work (I really love MTG Studio, if you think that I sound to whiny is because I see the potential in the program).

Thank you.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Then I noticed that in the filter screens the types 'Planeswalker' and 'Tribal'

The forthcoming MTG Studio 1.7.5 will have Basic, Snow, Tribal and World added as well.
I know this comes with quite a delay but sooner or later every good suggestion is implemented. :wink:

GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)