MTG 1.6.2 wont boot

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Results?

Postby digiconda » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:12 am

Have there been positive results with the last suggestion for this launch issue? I am in the same situation: I tried repeatedly to launch the trial version without success (after re-installing it launched one time then failed from then on). I would like to try the suggestions mentioned, but my trial time has run out. Despite the fact that I like this program and would prefer its use over others, I'm not going to pay for the full version only to have it fail to launch. So are there definitive answers or bug fixes in the works? (My system is an Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.41 GHz, 3.00 GB RAM using Win XP Home w/ Service Pack 3.)
digiconda
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:14 pm

I assume the problem can be fixed by that but if you really wish to be sure please first try installing it on another PC and you will have a fresn new 30 days trial.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby kidkandee » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm a registered user and am running into the same problem with Vista.
I have Vista Home Ultimate and was able to run Studio atleast 4 times without any problems. The only thing I can think of that was different between the successful runs and unsuccessful run was that I had added a couple hundred cards to my collection in Studio. Then when I exited and tried to restart, it went to the 'Splash" page, showed that it was loading everything, the ssplash page disapeared and Studio never opened.
I've tried all the above, i.e. reinstalling after saving collection file, reinstal using administrator account, starting it with administrator account, run it and create a log file (it didnt create the log file) and can't get it to run again.
Please help! Thanks,
kidkandee
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Please try to move the mtgstudio.collection file from c:\Program Files\PalmROOT\MTG Studio 1.6.2 folder to another and than start MTG Studio again.

I guess there is a problem with your collection file. Please also zip your mtgstudio.collection file and send it to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:42 pm

As an alternative solution you may try to download the latest MTG Studio 1.6.5 from our download section.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Previous

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)