1.6.1 bugs

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

1.6.1 bugs

Postby dryan01uk » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi Gad,

I've just downloaded and started playing with 1.6.1

I'm having problems with the new report function - keep getting an error message that says :

Could not use "; file already in use

I've only just noticed that I can't resize the COST and COLOR columns on any screen - this wasn't a biggie until I minimized the columns and now can't make them wide again.

I'm also really keen to seen developments in the card collection module - especially with the card import function.

This is still the best program out there for my deck building needs, well done - keep up the great work.

D
dryan01uk

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:11 am

Can you send me the deck (gaddlord@mtgstudio.com) you are trying to print and please describe when exactly this message appears.

I've only just noticed that I can't resize the COST and COLOR columns on any screen - this wasn't a biggie until I minimized the columns and now can't make them wide again.

You can delete the mtgstudio.desk configuration file from your MTG Studio installation folder in order to restore the original column settings. I admit shrinking the columns is a bug unfortunately I can not reproduce it. Do you remember how you managed to make them smaller?

I'm also really keen to seen developments in the card collection module - especially with the card import function.

From which collection format especially? Essential Magic CSV, Magic Workstation, Magic Library, Magic Suitcase or other?

This is still the best program out there for my deck building needs, well done - keep up the great work.

Thanks. :wink:
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby dryan01uk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:47 am

Hi Gaddlord,

I'd send you a deck list but it seems to happen with them all ..... do you still want me to send one?

I made the columns smaller when I clicked on the buttons called :

'Change width of columns to best fit inside a grid view'

and

'Automatically set the width of columns to the width of a grid view'

I'll delete the config file as suggested and see what happens.

I currently have my collection held in Magic Workstation - but I regularly export it to MS Excel - as the program is a bit 'flaky' and tends to fall over if you look at it sideways ..... Unfortunately the file format for the inventory is coded in some proprietary Delphi database format which I haven't been able to convert from outside MWS. Import from CSV will suit me fine - I don't mind changing the card names for a few cards - as long as I don't have to manually re-enter all 30,000+ of them.

Thanks for taking an interest ...

D
dryan01uk

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:48 am

I managed to reproduce the problem. I will upload a fixed version and tell you.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby dryan01uk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:06 am

WOW! Thanks for this Gaddlord.

I have also been able to fix the COLOR column width by hard editing the 'mtgstudio.desk' confirguation file .... I changed :

[btvCardsCardColorAbbreviation: TcxPropertiesStoreComponent]
=
GroupIndex=-1
Properties.Alignment.Horz="taCenter"
SortIndex=-1
SortOrder="soNone"
Visible="True"
Width=56

The width parameter was set at 11 ... when I put it back to 56 everything was fixed....

Hope this helps.

D
dryan01uk

Postby dryan01uk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 am

oh ... and out of interest, is it possible to add the CMC column to the deck building columns?

D
dryan01uk

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:16 am

I have uploaded a fixed version.
Just re-download the MTG Studio 1.6.1 installation. The new mtgstudio.exe version build is 1.6.1.2185.
Last edited by gaddlord on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 am

PLEASE! Post every new suggestion in a separate thread in order to easily follow them. Thanks.

I made the columns smaller when I clicked on the buttons called :
'Change width of columns to best fit inside a grid view'
and
'Automatically set the width of columns to the width of a grid view'

I will investigate and hopefully fix this. Btw I have uploaded a new 1.6.1 version which allows manually resizing the Cost and Legality columns.

Unfortunately the file format for the inventory is coded in some proprietary Delphi database format which I haven't been able to convert from outside MWS.

Fortunately I am totally aware of what this format looks like and believe it or not it is easier to me to add support for importing MWS .mwInventory files instead of plain CSV ones ;)

Here is a screenshot of some beta MTG Studio development for supporting MWS inventory files:

Last edited by gaddlord on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:38 am

oh ... and out of interest, is it possible to add the CMC column to the deck building columns?

This is planned. See http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=886
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:49 am

I currently have my collection held in Magic Workstation

Can you please tell me what features from Magic Workstation you miss in MTG Studio. This will be very usefully to me in order to evaluate how to make MTG Studio a better competitor to Magic Workstation.

Please post your reply in this thread http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2949#2949
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby dryan01uk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Fortunately I am totally aware of what this format looks like and believe it or not it is easier to me to add support for importing MWS .mwInventory files instead of plain CSV ones Wink

Here is a screenshot of some beta MTG Studio development for supporting MWS inventory files:

That is AMAZING - perhaps you should share your knowledge with the MWS developers as they seem a 'little lost'.... :?

The DCI Registration report is working now - well done. I've just noticed however, that the top fields on the report (DCI number, city, state etc) don't populated from the selection box - this isn't a problem as these are the easiest bits to fill in. This feature is going to save me a LOAD of time - thank you!

PLEASE! Post every new suggestion in a separate thread in order to easily follow them. Thanks.

Sorry - :oops: got a bit carried away with all the other successes!

As usual, your response has been incredible. I can't wait to see where you take this product.

Cheers

D
dryan01uk

Postby gaddlord » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 am

That is AMAZING - perhaps you should share your knowledge with the MWS developers as they seem a 'little lost'....

I don't think they are 'lost'. I think the problem lies that the new Virtual Play Table is written in .NET and the mwInventory file format is undocumented Borland development which is easily accessed from Delphi environment but difficult to use from the .NET world.

I've just noticed however, that the top fields on the report (DCI number, city, state etc) don't populated from the selection box - this isn't a problem as these are the easiest bits to fill in.

This is a bug. I shall fix it and upload a fixed 1.6.1 version. I will post to this thread when the fix is ready.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:24 pm

I've just noticed however, that the top fields on the report (DCI number, city, state etc) don't populated from the selection box - this isn't a problem as these are the easiest bits to fill in.

The problem is fixed. Just re-download the 1.6.1 version and reinstall.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby dryan01uk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:14 am

Hi Gaddlord,

This is now working like a charm - Fantastic!

D
dryan01uk

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)