1.6 Beta Feedback Section

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Postby Gondulf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Please download the latest 1.6 version it has the same version 1.6 but the build number of the exe is 1.6.0.2051.

Yep, that's exactly the version that I'm using already. I'm seeing the sorting problems that I reported in my previous post.

Finally, a collection back-up feature would be useful. Right now I have to copy the mtgstudio.collection file by hand if I want to archive it.

Do you mean Backup Collection to prompts for a folder where to copy the .collection file?

Yes, the Backup Collection feature would save a copy of the current collection in a user-chosen directory. There would be an "Import Collection" option that would replace the current collection by a file chosen from any directory (after a confirmation message of course :wink: )

Thanks!
Gondulf

Postby gaddlord » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Yep, that's exactly the version that I'm using already. I'm seeing the sorting problems that I reported in my previous post.

Can you try to delete your .conf, .desk, .filter files when MTG Studio is closed and try again. If not working again, please send me (support@mtgstudio.com) a screenshot of your sorted column and filter if any (an image is worth thousand words, you know). Thanks in advance

Yes, the Backup Collection feature would save a copy of the current collection in a user-chosen directory. There would be an "Import Collection" option that would replace the current collection by a file chosen from any directory (after a confirmation message of course Wink )

1. Do you like the collection being zipped, or just plain .collection file copy?
2. Can you send me your collection file to perform some tests with it (if not a problem). Mine collection is pretty short (125 cards :). I am interested in how a "real life" collection is organized in terms of card groupings, notes, storage, etc. It is always good to know a real-life customer needs. If you wish to share your work with me send it to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com. Thanks.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Gondulf » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:10 am

I reinstalled MTG studio after a clean uninstall but the issue is still here. The card order stays the same as the order in which they were added to the database. I will send you my collection file + screenshots. I haven't put all my cards in the database yet (didn't get the chance, just short of 300 right now) but that's a start.

For the collection backup feature, I am not sure zipping the file would be necessary. It doesn't look like the collection file would grow over 5MB but that's just a guess. It's up to you, I don't mind one way or another and it is not a critical feature for me :)

Oh, while I think about it, you could maybe remove the "Buy" tab in the "Preview" panel for registered users? Not a biggie either.

Thanks.
Gondulf

Postby gaddlord » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 am

I reinstalled MTG studio after a clean uninstall but the issue is still here.

A fixed version has been uploaded. Redownload and remember to make a backup copy of your collection file.

For the collection backup feature, I am not sure zipping the file would be necessary.

Than I will make a plain backup/restore for now.

Oh, while I think about it, you could maybe remove the "Buy" tab in the "Preview" panel for registered users?

I can do that.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Gondulf » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:49 am

A fixed version has been uploaded. Redownload and remember to make a backup copy of your collection file.

The sorting works perfectly with this version.
Gondulf

Postby Gondulf » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi,

it has been a while since I last complained so here I am! :wink:
I have noticed that no matter what vendor you chose to buy a card online from the Preview Panel, whether it be magictraders.com, Hastur Hobbies or Abu Games, it always open the magictraders website.

Thanks for looking into this.
Gondulf

Postby gaddlord » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:57 pm

I have noticed that no matter what vendor you chose to buy a card online from the Preview Panel, whether it be magictraders.com, Hastur Hobbies or Abu Games, it always open the magictraders website.

This is a bug. I must fix it.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Should be fixed in version 1.6.1 on.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Previous

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)