converted mana cost and manalyser

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

converted mana cost and manalyser

Postby kurkpeterman » Mon May 12, 2008 4:29 pm

I noticed that when I put spectral procession in my deck, the manalyzer had it available on turn 10 (as if it had a converted mana cost of 10). I'm assuming it isn't marked properly as 6 (or 3) but this brings up an interesting discussion.

With the addition of hybrid mana, it makes the mana curve a little harder to view. Perhaps there could be a deck color selector where you listed the colors you were using (or perhaps this could be deduced by counting the mana that your land can produce (half points for dual lands) and ordering them largest mana pool to smallest).

When anazlying the mana cost of a particular card, it would count as mana from: 1. the color of the land you have that could produce it (i.e. if you have a blue/black card and only blue mana producing land, the card would count as blue) 2. the color of the higher priority color (either by selection, or by mana count as described above).

Just an idea. It seems there is no easy solution with the hybrid cards.
kurkpeterman
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 13, 2008 3:54 pm

When I put spectral procession in my deck, the manalyzer had it available on turn 10.

It seems like a bug to me. I will check and fix it.

With the addition of hybrid mana, it makes the mana curve a little harder to view.

The mono hybrid mana (such as 2/W) has CMC = 2 and the mana curve will threat it like 2.

Perhaps there could be a deck color selector where you listed the colors you were using.

This is a quite interesting idea but again what will it be for UR decks which have {U/R} mana costed cards. I guess it is not so complicated since currently only guild mana and mono hybrid mana is available

either the left component is 2 or single colored mana:
2/W, 2/U or W/U, R/B, etc.

I really hope Winzards would not come up with something like WW/R since I would not know what to check for decks which the user marks as WR decks.

Anyway I like the idea of your the user to select which colors he really intends to use.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 13, 2008 4:34 pm

When I put spectral procession in my deck, the manalyzer had it available on turn 10.

The problem is resolved in the forthcoming MTG Studio 1.6 version.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

thanks

Postby kurkpeterman » Wed May 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks for the quick response and update. I also noticed that Augury Adept is marked as 1(W/U)(W/U)(W/U) instead of 1(W/U)(W/U).
kurkpeterman
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Wed May 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Thanks for the quick response and update. I also noticed that Augury Adept is marked as 1(W/U)(W/U)(W/U) instead of 1(W/U)(W/U).

This is fixed in the forthcoming MTG Studio 1.6 version.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)