Pricing will not retrieve from stores for double sided ISD

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Pricing will not retrieve from stores for double sided ISD

Postby texasaggie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Just noticed tonight that the store prices won't retrieve for any double-sides Innostrad cards. I suspect that the name used by the stores is only the name on the front of the card, so perhaps for those cards you should only send what is on before the "/".

Tested in v3.0 with the beta patch for the M13 token cards.
texasaggie

Re: Pricing will not retrieve from stores for double sided I

Postby gaddlord » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:44 am

That is possible but would not be very easy to achieve.
If you insist on this feature please vote for it at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby texasaggie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Here's my thoughts on this issue (and others that fall in the same category - not being able to retrieve/update a price from one of the 2 price lists). Without some way to change how these are looked up, there is never going to be a way to get pricing into the database for these cards. You cannot set the price that the pricing update changes. If you could, this wouldn't be an issue because I could just manually update it. Honestly, I'd rather have the capability to fix/update any price that is updated from magictraders.com, because it would allow me to solve the issue of fixing all pricing discrepancies. Just a thought...
texasaggie

Postby gaddlord » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 am

The Market Price column is intended to be just for reference.

The columns which should be mostly used for "real life" prices are Buy At and Sell At.

I tend to prefer keeping the Market Price rerad only and allow as much control to the user over Buy At, Sell At.

Does this makes sense?
Do you have ideas how to enrich the existing capabilities?
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby texasaggie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 pm

gaddlord wrote:Do you have ideas how to enrich the existing capabilities?

I have been thinking about this tonight while looking at the pricing. How about this for a compromise since you don't see the need to allow editing for the prices. Would it be feasible to allow me to specify a local file to use as a pricing source instead or or in addition to magictraders and ABU games? That way, I could take a copy of the magic traders file, fix the prices that are outrageously out of whack yet still get the benefit of the work you have already done. It would also allow me to add prices for cards that never hit one of those sites and give me a more reasonable overall value for my collection.

This wouldn't require you to change the logic for pricing updates at all - just require you to allow me to specify a different source. Thoughts?
texasaggie

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)