2 new issues with 2.7

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

2 new issues with 2.7

Postby Braveheartfan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi. I finally got around to udating to ver 2.7 and now I have 2 repeating issues. I am a registered user by the way, not a trial user.

First: Every time I run the program, the license agreement popup displays and I have to click agree in order to finish the program startup. I've only ever had to do this once the first time I run the program after each update.

Second: I set the picture path list to how I want it and adjust the morph and update speeds. I click apply to save and apply my changes. Everything works as I set it. If I go to check my settings, they display the default settings again, not my settings. If I close and restart the program it's as if I had never changed anything. I have to reset the morph and display speeds and picture path list again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it. No difference. None of the other versions have done this. I did notice that when I change the columns displayed in the pool, they are remembered and displayed properly when I restart the program. If it makes any difference, I still have version 2.3 installed and it works without the above mentioned issues. Ver 2,6 didn't have the issues. I haven't read anything about these issues so it's probably peculiar to my system but I don't know why.

Here's what the last log looked like:

# PalmROOT, Inc. MTG Studio Log file
# This file is generated by MTG Studio application after running it with /log or /verbose switch.
# The logs can be parsed using the following regular expression: ^(\#\s(?<comment>.*))|((?<hours>\d{2}):(?<minutes>\d{2}):(?<seconds>\d{2})\,(?<milliseconds>\d{3})\(\+(?<timespan>[0-9\s]{4})\)\s(?<message_type>[I,W,E,A,X])\s\[T(?<thread_id>\d+)\]\s(?<message>.*))$
# Message types are: I - Information, W - Warning, E - Error, A - Assertion, X - Exception
# Log starts from this line below:
00:01:08,833(+ 546) I [T2488] Connecting to card pool
00:28:23,125(+ 62) I [T3436] Connecting to card pool
00:32:00,399(+ 62) I [T7160] Connecting to card pool
00:33:31,535(+ 62) I [T8052] Connecting to card pool
00:36:04,246(+ 62) I [T5808] Connecting to card pool
15:26:51,048(+ 422) I [T9112] Connecting to card pool

Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks.
This isn't going to hurt. It's going to leave an emotional scar.....
Braveheartfan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: 2 new issues with 2.7

Postby gaddlord » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:23 pm

It is likely that you use the 2.7.0.0 version. Please redownload and reinstall MTG Studio from http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx

Indeed there is such a bug (not being able to store the settings in the mtgstudio.conf) file.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: 2 new issues with 2.7

Postby Braveheartfan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 am

Worked great!! I probably missed it in a previous post. Should have tried that anyway......Thanks!! :D
This isn't going to hurt. It's going to leave an emotional scar.....
Braveheartfan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)