MTG Studio won't start (because of bad last deck opened)

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

MTG Studio won't start (because of bad last deck opened)

Postby captainchunk » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:01 pm

After the first initial attempt at running MTG Studio (which was successful) I probably tried to do too much on the first try with the program.
Basically, I wanted to try importing all of my deck and inventory information from Magic Suitcase. After opening a handful of decks, the last thing that I tried to open (just to see if it would) was an inventory database from Magic Suitcase. Of course it didn't open correctly (it said something about a sideboard issue) and MTG studio kept running but I exited the program to do something else.

Later on, I tried to start MTG Studio. I was reading all the stuff on the splash screen and it would crash when it got to something like opening last deck. It would consistently crash at this point. Uninstall + reinstall didn't work. So I dug into the registry somewhere (sorry, I forget where) and put in a valid previously opened deck database. Voila!

It's not really a bug because MTG Studio never opened the Inventory database but I thought that you would want to know about it.
captainchunk
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:31 am

The last opened decks are stored in a configuration file mtgstudio.conf in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\PalmROOT\MTG Studio 1.2.0

where XXX is your Windows account.

1. Close MTG Studio
2. Delete this file (mtgstudio.conf)
3. Start MTG Studio again. The configuration file will be recreated but the last opened decks will be completely forgotten. :wink:
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)