Is this a bug? Filter Persistence.. Well Sort of

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Is this a bug? Filter Persistence.. Well Sort of

Postby TonyRoomZ » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:31 am

So here is my problem.

Everytime I start up MTG Studio 1.1 it loads an applies the last Filter I had activated. This appears to be the case even when I didn't have a filter applied when I exited the program.

So.. Is this as desiged? I would understand if I quit with a "all blue cards" filter it would be handy to load with it activated. But if I quit with no filter, I would assume it would load up with no filter.

So.. I guess the question is.. Bug or Not? Or is there an option I turned on that I can't find to turn off :)
TonyRoomZ
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:40 pm

I can't reproduce the problem. Perhaps you have checked the View|Only MTG Encyclopedia filter or some of the other filters below it?

Please give me a reproducible sample step by step.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby TonyRoomZ » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:15 am

Well... For Me the problem occurs is I use the "Filter Cards by Various Properties [f3]" Button...

The filter works fine.. I see the cards I am filtering and a small grey bar below the cards list. I can click X to close or use the check box to toggle the filter.

Now.. If I click the X and close the filter... then exit the program. When I start the program the last filter I used is applied upon load of the program.

If this doesn't reproduce the problem. I don't know what to tell you... Does MTG studio have some kind of cache file I could delete? Maybe I just got it in a weird state.... In all honestly.. It doesn't bother me... Just found it odd. :) Not like it takes superhuman effort to click on the X on the filter bar. :)

Nothing special selected in view other than Status Bar and All Cards.
TonyRoomZ
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:02 am

Aha! I see it now. Thanks for the full explanation. Now I can reproduce the problem. I will fix it for the next release. :wink:

Does MTG studio have some kind of cache file I could delete?

Yes. The filters are saved in C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\PalmROOT\MTG Studio 1.1.0 folder where xxx stands for your Windows username. The file is named mtgstudio.filter
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)