Two issues with version 1.0

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Two issues with version 1.0

Postby pinknapkins » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:26 pm

I apologize if these have been addressed somewhere else that I missed, but I am having 2 issues with ver 1.0 that make me wish I was still using 0.5.6 :(

Issue 1.

The Card art is blurry for every picture across the board. When I resize to the smaller size it is sharp, but so small, hard to read as it is. In older version, all card art was as crisp as the scan.

Issue 2.

If there are 2 versions of the card, 5th edition and 6th edition, it only and always shows one of the images for the card art. Example:

Abduction - Weatherlight I see this picture (blurry)
Abduction - 6th Edition - I still see Weatherlight picture (blurry)

I am not trying to complain, I absolutely love the software, these two things are really making it tough to use though. Thanks for listening.
pinknapkins
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:50 am

I apologize if these have been addressed somewhere else that I missed

Do not apologize. This forum is exactly for that type of questions and requests. I am more than happy to have your feedback. :wink:

Issue 1.

The Card art is blurry for every picture across the board. When I resize to the smaller size it is sharp, but so small, hard to read as it is. In older version, all card art was as crisp as the scan.

MTG Studio 1.0 has a new feature to automatically download the card art from Internet. The downloaded images have the size of 200x285 pixels and when resized they look "blurry". The size of the image does not depend on MTG Studio but on the source it is coming from (WotC site). The donloaded images are stored in your (MTG Studio Installa Folder)\Card Art\WotC folder with *.wotc.jpg extension.

In 0.5.6 such automatic download of the card art was not present. Perhaps you had same quality scans downloaded and placed in the Card Art fodler of MTG Studio. I assume that the images that you had have better quality that those automatically downloaded now. You can re-arrangev the order in which the card images are searched (either on local drives or Internet) from Options|Card Art|Directories.
The top folders in the list have higher priority than those which are at the bottom. By default (after clean install) the priority of the Wizards of the Coast automatic download is higher than the search for card images on the local drive.
Just push "Wizards of the Coast Site" down in the list and you will achieve the desired effect - when you have the big quality scan you will see it (not being blurry), when you don't have it on your drive it will be automatically downloaded.

See the screenshot below:

Issue 2.

If there are 2 versions of the card, 5th edition and 6th edition, it only and always shows one of the images for the card art. Example:

Abduction - Weatherlight I see this picture (blurry)
Abduction - 6th Edition - I still see Weatherlight picture (blurry)

This is fixed in the forthcoming version 1.1.
A new automatic download engine was added to allow you to have
Forest (1) 8E
Forest (2) 8E
Forest (1) 9E
as 3 different images

See this topic for more information. http://mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Blurry Bug

Postby Orion_Pax » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:50 pm

If you can reinstall 0.5.6 and download the available card art, then keep the zip files somewhere else when installing 1.0. Then unzip as normal. Another good site for card art is www.mtgcardhouse.com which contains visual spoilers. It's being rebuilt at the moment, but the pics are at least as good as WotC's.
Orion_Pax

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)