List of issues

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

List of issues

Postby OldGreen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 am

Proxy cards are added to my collections value. All proxys should have a value of zero (maybe unless populated by the user). <edit> not sure about this one, I'm not willing to run the 3 hour price update to test it.

In the basic filters dialog, selecting "Instant" adds "Instant" and "Instant - Trap" to the filter, but not "Instant - Arcane". Shouldn't it just add "Instant*"?

Multiple sort-orders are not preserved between sessions correctly. I always sort by name first, then set. Each time I launch the program I have to re-do my sorting, as it's now sorted by set, then name.

Importing prices from ABU fails about 40k prices every time. I have updated several times over the past few days with similar results.

What appears to be an X next to the deck name on the tab doesn't do anything.

The deck Fire & Lightning deck (PD2) is all foil, but none of the cards default to foil. The Promotional (PR) and various FTV sets cards correctly default to foil.

Updating prices takes a long time (more than 30 minutes for ~3400 unique cards). I shudder to think how long it's going to take when I have all 7k unique cards I own entered. Even if there's no way to have it run faster, having it run in a separate thread so that the program isn't locked would be good, or at least a warning dialog. (I typed this entire post in the time it took to progress about 500 cards)

None of the issues seem to be new to 2.2, I've just been compiling them before posting.

<edit>Opening a filter that I saved with the same version doesn't work. the file displays in the title bar of the advanced filter dialog, but no filter settings are displayed or applied. I can send you some sample filters if that'd help.

I have a deck that I opened as a text file, then saved it as a .deck. I confirmed that it contained XML at that point. I did some edits to it, saved and closed MTGS. When I re-launch I get an error "Message: Invalid at the top level of the document."I then opened the file and the .deck did not contain any XML, just text! I repeated this entire procedure and got the same results.
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby OldGreen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 pm

sorted collection by count, held down the page down key. MTGS hung- shows as responding in task manager, but the ui does not appear when I switch to it. Waited 5 minutes before killing it.
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby OldGreen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:35 pm

events pass through the open dialog into the application: holding down the down arrow while the file open dialog is displayed with focus in the file list results in the file list rapidly scrolling down, with occasional scrolling in the card list in the main window.
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby OldGreen » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:10 am

Holding the pageup key causes the application to become unresponsive after a few seconds (can still switch to it in the taskbar, but no UI appears) in windows 7. During this time it's consuming %50 of the cpu.
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:10 am

Please report separate issues as separate items. Thank you.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:14 am

OldGreen wrote:sorted collection by count, held down the page down key. MTGS hung- shows as responding in task manager, but the ui does not appear when I switch to it. Waited 5 minutes before killing it.

I cannot reproduce this on 2 GHz CPU. My CPU tops to 10%.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:15 am

OldGreen wrote:events pass through the open dialog into the application: holding down the down arrow while the file open dialog is displayed with focus in the file list results in the file list rapidly scrolling down, with occasional scrolling in the card list in the main window.

I cannot reproduce this. It is strange that even it happens since Open Dialog is a modal dialog and should capture all keyboard keys.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby OldGreen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:01 pm

gaddlord wrote:Please report separate issues as separate items. Thank you.
Will do. Do you prefer separate threads or separate posts?

I'll see if I can reproduce my issues in 2.3.
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby CptDobey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 am

Separate threads.
CptDobey

card prices

Postby phareux » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:33 pm

just downloaded V2.3 but the card prices will not show up
phareux
Mage
Mage

Postby Azul » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 pm

You'll probably want to go to File-> Import Prices, then go to Update Prices.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby phareux » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 am

thanks, forgot that
phareux
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Proxy cards are added to my collections value. All proxys should have a value of zero (maybe unless populated by the user). <edit> not sure about this one, I'm not willing to run the 3 hour price update to test it.

I will have to address this. Proxies should not have price. Vote for this feature http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions/suggestions/2345978-proxy-cards-without-price

In the basic filters dialog, selecting "Instant" adds "Instant" and "Instant - Trap" to the filter, but not "Instant - Arcane". Shouldn't it just add "Instant*"?

Currently it works for "Istant" and "Instant — Trap".
I added support for: "Instant/Instant", "Instant — Arcane", "Tribal Instant — XXX" in 2.4

Multiple sort-orders are not preserved between sessions correctly. I always sort by name first, then set. Each time I launch the program I have to re-do my sorting, as it's now sorted by set, then name.

This is a bug. Not resolved yet.

Importing prices from ABU fails about 40k prices every time. I have updated several times over the past few days with similar results.

Don't worry about those. Those are hats, gamemats, boosters, starter packs, magic posters, dices, etc.

What appears to be an X next to the deck name on the tab doesn't do anything.

It is red when the deck is not saved. Gray if the deck is saved. Do you expect to behave as a close button?

The deck Fire & Lightning deck (PD2) is all foil, but none of the cards default to foil. The Promotional (PR) and various FTV sets cards correctly default to foil.

Fixed in forthcoming 2.4 version.

Updating prices takes a long time (more than 30 minutes for ~3400 unique cards). I shudder to think how long it's going to take when I have all 7k unique cards I own entered. Even if there's no way to have it run faster, having it run in a separate thread so that the program isn't locked would be good, or at least a warning dialog. (I typed this entire post in the time it took to progress about 500 cards)

It is threaded but the focus is on the Import Price window. I don't like this whole batch update of prices procedure and most likely will have to drop it in the future

None of the issues seem to be new to 2.2, I've just been compiling them before posting.

Thanks.

Opening a filter that I saved with the same version doesn't work. the file displays in the title bar of the advanced filter dialog, but no filter settings are displayed or applied. I can send you some sample filters if that'd help.

Please sent over gaddlord@mtgstudio.com with a subject "List of Issues"

I have a deck that I opened as a text file, then saved it as a .deck. I confirmed that it contained XML at that point. I did some edits to it, saved and closed MTGS. When I re-launch I get an error "Message: Invalid at the top level of the document."I then opened the file and the .deck did not contain any XML, just text! I repeated this entire procedure and got the same results.

Send over the original file you edited to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com with a subject "List of Issues"

Tough questions you ask but all of them straight to the point. Thanks for the input.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby CptDobey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 am

t is red when the deck is not saved. Gray if the deck is saved. Do you expect to behave as a close button?

YES !
I always tough it should be used to close the deck because it has the design of the "thing to close windows".
CptDobey

Re:

Postby gaddlord » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:15 pm

This is a bug. Not resolved yet.[/quote]
Vote for this at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions/suggestions/2594945-have-the-right-sorting-order-preserved
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Next

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)