Pricing for cards with different art

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Pricing for cards with different art

Postby texasaggie » Thu May 26, 2011 7:33 pm

After I got the pricing updates to work, I noticed that cards that have multiple versions with different art don't seem to get prices applied to any of the versions except the first. So, for example:

Armor Thrull (1) from FE shows $0.26, but nothing for (2), (3) or (4).

I would expect the for most scenarios (not all), the same price would apply to all the numbered versions of a card.

Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal but since I've got almost 30k rows in my collection, I've got a few hundred rows missing. If I could update the pricing manually, I would but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Second, a minor nit I also noticed when viewing the prices in the left-hand sidebar at the bottom, the separator between dollars and cents appears to be a comma and not a decimal (e.g. the US currency format isn't consistent). I'm not sure if your app is supposed to pick up the currency settings from the OS or not, but it appears inconsistent.

Version 2.0 - Win 7 64 bit
User avatar
texasaggie
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Postby gaddlord » Sat May 28, 2011 9:35 am

Forest (1) and Forest (2) are both treated as Forest since most card stores do not provide such detailed price lists. Sorry but it is out of our hands.

The issue with consistent price separator will be fixed in version 2.1. We will use the Windows Control Panel Regional Settings.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby texasaggie » Mon May 30, 2011 4:25 pm

I understand that you can't tell different pricing by cards, nor would I expect that you could as your sources don't treat them differently. My issue was that anything other than "Forest (1)" wasn't being treated as "Forest". After updating pricing, only the items ending in (1) had prices. Anything with (2), (3) or (4) was 0. I expected that if Forest (1) was $.26, that Forest (2) would be $.26 as well.

I added a photo here of my database to illustrate the problem. This is after I ran the import for pricing (both sources) and then ran the update prices function.

Image
Last edited by texasaggie on Mon May 30, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
texasaggie
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Postby Schwanke » Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm

In terms of this I would suggest an option in the price dialog:

Use first price for alternate card art.

So there is atleast a default price and then the user can change it if they want to a different price.
Newest version of the software, beta or otherwise can be found here: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
---
My detailed Pricing Feature Suggestions: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Postby gaddlord » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:52 pm

This is resolved in the forthcoming 2.1 version where Anaba Shaman (2) will have its price defaulted to the Anaba Shaman (1) from the same set and with the same "foilness".
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby texasaggie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Great to hear - thanks!
User avatar
texasaggie
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:54 pm


Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron