1.8.3 B7-Import collection result in non-separation of foils

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

1.8.3 B7-Import collection result in non-separation of foils

Postby Weevil » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:00 am

After importing my collection from 1.8.2, all the foil cards that I had entered separate from the non-foil versions were combined on one line, indicating all were foil.

i.e. In 1.8.2 I had 1 Accorder's Shield that was non-foil and 1 that was foil. Each were added to my collection as a separate line. When I imported my collection into 1.8.3 (Beta 4 actually is when this started), it combined both cards into a single line indicating both were foil.
Weevil
Wizard
Wizard

Re: 1.8.3 B7-Import collection result in non-separation of f

Postby Zappo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:23 am

Weevil wrote:After importing my collection from 1.8.2, all the foil cards that I had entered separate from the non-foil versions were combined on one line, indicating all were foil.

I faced a similar issue while importing decks into collection in 1.8.2.

The impression is that Foil is not part of record key, while Name and Edition are, in Deck and Collection.

To be honest I believe record key is also missing Language as an important component in both Deck and Collection.
Zappo
Apprentice

Postby Laserdan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Try importing it with the do not merge option. I too had this problem and I fixed it by selecting he non default option.
Laserdan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby Weevil » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Unfortunately, it is too late for me to try that Laserdan. I've already added quite a few cards since I imported my database back in B4 (such as all my Besieged). :-(
Weevil
Wizard
Wizard

Postby gaddlord » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:27 pm

In the next version "Append" option will be on top and selected by default since it makes more sense. Thanks for reporting.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)