Considering Buying This Program.. Except Search Doesn't Work

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Considering Buying This Program.. Except Search Doesn't Work

Postby Moobu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 am

Glad I decided on the trial first. Firstly the search box on the top of the program is 100% non functional. I type a card in there and nothing happens. If I hit enter then it adds a manually selected card into my deck/library.

Secondly if I hit ctrl+f or the binoculars button to do a search in a new window it seems to work most of the time. Occasionally it will fail and I will have to find the card manually. I would also like to point out that the search option is VERY VERY picky. You need to match the card name exactly to the database which is annoying.

An example of what I mean with picky search criteria is if you are searching for the card "Avenger of Zendikar" and you type in "avenger of zen" or even "avenger of zendikar" it will NOT find your cards because it makes you match capital letters and everything.

TL; DR Please fix the search feature as a whole and you'll have 20 bucks to your company for sure.
Moobu
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby Azul » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 pm

That search box never really works. Just click in the deck window or the collection window and start typing. It'll move through the list in real time.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 am

I will have to test it and fix it.

The original search (focus the card pool and start typing what you search for) had always worked.

It was just a couple of releases ago when I introduced the Search box (because people were expecting such even though the search in the grid is easier). I mostly regret having it and will either fix it or remove it completely.

For the time being please simply focus the card pool and start typing your card name.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Will be fixed in the next release.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)