empty string bug when filtering

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

empty string bug when filtering

Postby odigity » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 am

New user. There's a bug in the filter function that's driving me nuts. Half of the time when I'm in the "Filter Top" dialog box and click "ok" or "apply", I get 0 results because it doesn't include the name of the field I'm searching in the search terms.

For example, instead of:
(Cost contains Green)
It says:
( contains Green)

Same thing with text searches. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out what the difference between the two situations are - I haven't noticed that I'm doing anything different each time.
odigity
Apprentice
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am

Postby gaddlord » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:26 pm

I will look into this right away.
I am currently trying to reproduce it without luck. Can you please send me your *.filter files from your configuration folder to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com.

The configuration folder can be opened from Tools|Open configuration folder menu.

Thank you in advance.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby Schwanke » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I reproduced it once right off the bat by accident. Now I'm hammering it and cant get it to do it again.

The first time I did it was 'wierd' cuz I started it and played in firefox while it loaded, went back, tried to search something with green, it worked fine, went to firefox for a moment and went back to the search filter and it 'wasnt there' even though I am 99% sure I hit apply and not ok. Then I opened the search filter, green was still checked, hit apply again and it did it.

Ever since I have tried restarting studio, opening and closing other programs in windows, (clash with firefox? wierder things have happened :) changing the search to random combinations of colors, clearing with the x clearing with the check mark clearing from inside the filter window, opening and closing the filter window, maximizing and minimizing the filter window, maximizing and minimizing the main window. Applying over and over and over and over and over again without changing anything to see if maybe i can build up a bad memory state to produce it.

Running out of 'logical' ideas. Cant seem to randomly cause it even hammering it with random combinations of normal actions and even trying to think up abnormal ones. (Well if someone gets trully [CENSORED] at how much their cards have gone down in value I could see them clicking apply 100000 times. :)

Yet it did it the second time I tried when I loaded the program. Any possibility of a memory leak or a buffer overrun? Dont know what your coding in but maybe something is over running and eating the search string? Dont know what it could be but my studio was sitting there loaded and untouched for about 10 minutes before I started to use it so thats the only factor I can think of to have it happen the very second time I touch it and even then not after I closed it and reopened it.

Do you use a cache? Could the cache be loopy for some reason in some instance?

Random ideas hoping to poke something out of someone. :)

Will try to spend more time hammering it at some point. I closed it right now. If I can remember I'll start it before I leave the computer and let it sit there till I come back and see if that does anything.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Postby gaddlord » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:09 am

I have found the bug. It happens when you filter by Card Color the Deck.

I will keep you posted on the forthcoming fix.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby gaddlord » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:15 am

I have fixed in the 1.8.3 beta available at http://www.mtgstudio.com/download/beta/MTG_Studio_1.8.3.Beta.zip

Installation instructions:

1. close MTG Studio
2. Unzip the contents of the archive
3. Copy the 3 updated files over your existing 1.8.2 installation.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe


Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron