unlisted cards

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

unlisted cards

Postby phareux » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:11 pm

i have two cards that i have been trying to add to my "collection from pool". but they dont show up on the database. i have also looked on the tcg.players website and i still get no match. will they be adding these cards soon or what?

they seem to be from the ROE set , and are a green sorcery. sorry i forgot to mention the name ..
Beastial Menace
phareux
Mage
Mage

Postby Schwanke » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 pm

I have a Red M10 called Capricious Efreet that isnt in the database either. Is there a way to add cards manually till they get in the database?
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby zorbaelbudha » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 pm

You mean these two cards???

They ARE on the database as you could see
zorbaelbudha

Postby phareux » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:03 pm

yes that is the card i meant. although i do have the Efreet in my DB
phareux
Mage
Mage

Postby Schwanke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:41 am

Ahh. I see. I am using the database wrong. I assumed that if I entered "Capricious" in the search field it would scroll down to all the Capricious cards. I see I have to type in the entire name.

My apologies.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Schwanke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 am

Is there a bug with apostrophes? I typed in "Diviner's Wand" and double checked the spelling twice and it doesnt find it yet when I scroll to it its there. Since I cant just type in Diviner and have it auto scroll to the Diviner section I had to scroll all the way from A to D which is a lot of cards lol to find it. :D

Though I did find the filter but since the filter is modal I cant operate the filter and use the main window at the same time. :( So I have to keep opening and closing the filter. I'm a quick mouser so not the end of the world but would be awesome if I could leave the filter open and type in Diviner or Capricious and have hit apply and have it just list those cards and then work with them then change the filter. Instead of having to type the entire card name and double check spelling or open and close the filter over and over again.

Still awesome the cards are there. Makes it definitely worth my time to use this instead of writing my own database or using a spreed sheet. For the moment I can type in my own prices on the website I use for pricing and then see if they are comparable to what the next version lists.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby phareux » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:31 pm

sorry, it is not in the data base as far as i can tell. i have no filters on and am on the collection from pool screen, i tried to type in Beastial Menace, it got as far as Beast then it would go no further. i am look ing at the db now and it goes fron beastbreaker straight through to beastmaster of bala ged, and there is no card in it whatsoever.

i have also checked the version and it is the most recent version
1.7.6 so i dont know what to do.
phareux
Mage
Mage

Postby zorbaelbudha » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 pm

phareux wrote:sorry, it is not in the data base as far as i can tell. i have no filters on and am on the collection from pool screen, i tried to type in Beastial Menace, it got as far as Beast then it would go no further. i am look ing at the db now and it goes fron beastbreaker straight through to beastmaster of bala ged, and there is no card in it whatsoever.

i have also checked the version and it is the most recent version
1.7.6 so i dont know what to do.

If you check on the image it is bestial menace no beastial menace
zorbaelbudha

Postby phareux » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 pm

AHA!! thanks, i looked at that all that time and didnt notice that. thanks for the help
phareux
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Schwanke wrote:Is there a bug with apostrophes? I typed in "Diviner's Wand" and double checked the spelling twice and it doesnt find it yet when I scroll to it its there.

I was successful to type it directly in the card pool and as a filter by Card Name in Filter dialog. Are you sure there are no other filters applied?

Schwanke wrote:Though I did find the filter but since the filter is modal I cant operate the filter and use the main window at the same time. :( So I have to keep opening and closing the filter. I'm a quick mouser so not the end of the world but would be awesome if I could leave the filter open and type in Diviner or Capricious and have hit apply and have it just list those cards and then work with them then change the filter. Instead of having to type the entire card name and double check spelling or open and close the filter over and over again.

You can use F3 as a shortcut to open filter and Esc to close it.
Apart from that you don't have to close it in first place.
Type a filtering criteria. Press Apply to see your results. Than narrow the search and again press Apply, ...

Are you interested in having the Filter dialog non-modal, displayed on top as semi-transparent if not focused and being able to manipulate the card pool meanwhile?

Still awesome the cards are there. Makes it definitely worth my time to use this instead of writing my own database or using a spreed sheet. For the moment I can type in my own prices on the website I use for pricing and then see if they are comparable to what the next version lists.[/quote]
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Schwanke » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Not sure I can recreate the bug with the apostrophe, cant remember exactly where it was I noticed it but ill keep an eye out for one similar.

What would be awesome for me would be able to use the filter window that allows partial search strings to be usable at the same time as the results so that I can do stuff with the results without having to close and reopen the filter.

Like right now if I remember correctly (I am tired) I have to open the filter, then type in the partial search string, then hit ok, then find my card, add it to the collection, then repeat. Goes pretty fast now because I am used to all the key short cuts and where I can hit enter naturally etc.

But ideally I would like to be able to leave the filter window open next to the main window so I can just switch back and forth between them without having to close and re-open.

Does that make sense?

It would be like having a 'live' database filter that updates whenever you hit apply. So you can search for 'warden' add all your warden cards, then search for 'circle' add the circle cards you care about, etc.. without having to open and close couple times.

Transparent or not I dont think matters too much cuz either way its gotta be out of the way enough to operate the main window. As long as the transparency doesnt get in the way of the effeciency of using it thats at your discression :)
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:38 am

Your request will be served in forthcoming MTG Studio 1.8.2.
You will be able to open Filter dialog and without closing it to manipulate the main window.
The Filter dialogs will be displayed as separate windows on your Task Bar and you will be able to Minimize, Maximize them.
You will be able to have even 3 Filter windows opened for Card Pool, Collection and Deck at the same time and still be able to use the main window.

If you are interested in private beta of this feature send an email to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

missing Abyssal Horror(US)

Postby dauniballer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 pm

I did not see Abyssal Horror for Urza's Saga. Just bought the program and really enjoy it. I've got about 10 k cards to enter into the collection though.

I also though it would be nice if the search feature could manipulate both my collection and the database at the same time. i.e. If I search for birds of paradise it would bring up what I have and what is possible. Sometimes I get caught in my collection while trying to search in the database for new card and it comes up as an error.
dauniballer
Apprentice

Postby Schwanke » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:52 pm

I love beta testing and I am strangely really good at it lol. I aparently attract bugs that no one else finds in everything I do lol. I've found bugs in grocery store software lol. :D

I'll try and remember to email you when I get on the computer that has my email. Very interested in this.

Thanks!
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Re: missing Abyssal Horror(US)

Postby Schwanke » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:56 pm

dauniballer wrote:I did not see Abyssal Horror for Urza's Saga. Just bought the program and really enjoy it. I've got about 10 k cards to enter into the collection though.

I also though it would be nice if the search feature could manipulate both my collection and the database at the same time. i.e. If I search for birds of paradise it would bring up what I have and what is possible. Sometimes I get caught in my collection while trying to search in the database for new card and it comes up as an error.

Ahh just read this post more carefully. Yeah that getting caught searching the collection instead of the database was what had me convinced a whole bunch of cards were missing from the database the first few times I used it. Didnt even know what I did to make it 'miraculously' work until I started paying careful attention to how I was using the program.

Dont have it open right now but if I remember correctly I feel there should be a better 'sign' which one your searching in cuz if I remember correctly its very faint how to tell which window has focus.

I also noticed that if you do a search it highlights the name of the first one you found and that becomes the 'focus' as they geekily call it and so if you immediately do a search again it searches inside that focus. Not much point in searching inside the name of one card for another. Not like the name is so long you cant just see what your looking for. :D

I think the search should atleast default to the whole window and not the selected text unless there is some other reason why its good to search the selected text that I am unaware of.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)