1.7.6 Foil Import Messed Up

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

1.7.6 Foil Import Messed Up

Postby Corvus » Sat May 01, 2010 4:30 am

I've just upgraded and imported my old database and after entering a couple of hundred new cards I discovered that the new version has merged my foils (on separate rows) with non-foils of the same name. So I have gone from having a single foil of one type to having 9 or 15. Some others have gone missing altogether or are no longer listed as foils.

It is easy to recover from this, I backed up my database before importing and I still have 1.7.5 installed so I can fix it.

Otherwise the new version seems to be working perfectly fine.
Corvus

Postby gaddlord » Sat May 01, 2010 12:22 pm

First of call it is perfectly safe to simply copy your mtgstudio.collection file and overwrite the new one (so no Import is needed since the file format has not changed).

Regarding the merging of Foils and Non-Foil, can you send me your collection file to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com to investigate.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby zorbaelbudha » Sat May 01, 2010 2:49 pm

I thought that was an error also... but it is the option "Merge imported cards with the existing ones" on the import process. If you use "append imported cards" your collection will be fine.

Also as gaddlord said, it is easier just to copy the file from one directory to the other.
zorbaelbudha

Postby Corvus » Sat May 01, 2010 4:37 pm

zorbaelbudha wrote:I thought that was an error also... but it is the option "Merge imported cards with the existing ones" on the import process. If you use "append imported cards" your collection will be fine.

Also as gaddlord said, it is easier just to copy the file from one directory to the other.

I didn't notice that option, I will check it out - though I have copied the file into the 1.7.6 folder directly and it has opened without messing up the foils. It will be easy enough to add the new cards that I entered last night, they are just a couple of hundred non-basic lands so no biggy.
Corvus

Postby Corvus » Sat May 01, 2010 4:40 pm

gaddlord wrote:First of call it is perfectly safe to simply copy your mtgstudio.collection file and overwrite the new one (so no Import is needed since the file format has not changed).

Regarding the merging of Foils and Non-Foil, can you send me your collection file to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com to investigate.

I have copied the earlier file over and it has worked fine, as I said to zorbaelbudha, I'll just go back and add the extra cards from last night.

I'll still send you the earlier file to look at.

Thanks for a great programme, it has saved me from having to make my own (I'm a student animator not a programmer so that would not work well :D) or continue using Excel spreadsheets, which is really cumbersome.
Corvus

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)