Legality for lasts Wotc changes

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Legality for lasts Wotc changes

Postby MasterTek » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:11 am

Hi,
I don't know why but the legality of some cards aren't correct since the latests changes of Wotc.

Cards like Emtomb, Crop rotation, Grim Monolith doesn't have the good legality information. I don't have all the list on hand but there is some other cards that are in this situation.

Could you update this with the latests informations of the Wotc website ?

If you need some links for these news articles, just ask and I'll try to find them again on their websites.

Thanks
MasterTek

Postby gaddlord » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:14 pm

This is a bug indeed. I will update them for 1.7.1 release.
Thanks for reporting.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby zorbaelbudha » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Something that needs to be considered also is that the entries on the Collection keep the same legality that the card had on the main database when the card was entered on the Inventory... (so, a Wrath of God entered when 10th edition was legal in standard, is still marked as legal in standard
zorbaelbudha

Postby dryan01uk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Not sure I follow this last point, as Wrath of God, for example is no longer legal in Standard, after not being printed in M10 .....

I much prefer the current configuration that shows which of the cards I have in my collection are legal for the various formats as they each rotate.
Call sign 'Senior' in my local playing group.
dryan01uk

Postby zorbaelbudha » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:37 pm

This is what I meant

As you can see on "Pool" grid all Wrath of Gods are banned in standard and legal in the rest of the formats. However in my collection I have a 9th WoG that is marked as legal only in Extended, a 10th WoG that is legal only in Standard and Extended and a Foil Promo tha is not legal in any format. This was because when I entered that cards to my Inventory 10th was still standard legal, the problem with the Legacy and Vintage illegality was because a bug on the Pool at that time... all of those errors are corrected now in the Pool, however on MY COLLECTION they still remain.

So, what I was asking for is a process that could update the legality of the cards in my Collection... and as I believe that it has the same issue, corrects the prices of the cards... this could be done as a "silent" process anytime that the program opens a collection file or as a menu option so the use could invoke it.
zorbaelbudha

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:19 pm

So, what I was asking for is a process that could update the legality of the cards in my Collection... and as I believe that it has the same issue, corrects the prices of the cards... this could be done as a "silent" process anytime that the program opens a collection file or as a menu option so the use could invoke it.

Quite right. I am planning to have a Update Prices, Update legality menus in the next versions.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby dryan01uk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm

:idea:

Hadn't spotted that before - great to see a fix is planned, Gad
Call sign 'Senior' in my local playing group.
dryan01uk

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)