Lost Collection after 1 week of work!!

Report a MTG Studio bug you have spotted or ask for help

Moderator: gaddlord

Lost Collection after 1 week of work!!

Postby RoyalAssassin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:17 pm

I saw this very topic already, but decided to create a new one because I have questions that weren't covered there.

As the title states, I lost my collection of several thousand cards and many hours of work. It's because I exported to excel???

Why was there no warning this would completely remove all data from the software???

Why can I not re-import the xls into the software and get my collection back? Or is there? I tried everything I could think of, but to no avail. I was certain I was going to purchase this software when the trial expired, but since there was no warning and seems to be no recovery, I seriously doubt that I'll purchase this unless there's a fix I've missed.

I'm not willing to invest dozens of hours or any money at all into something that's not %100 secure in saving the work I've done.

Please help,
Thanks!

P.S. I'm running Ver 1.6.8 build 2518
RoyalAssassin
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Please send to your mtgstudio.collection file gaddlord@mtgstudio.com your collection file located in c:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\MTG Studio 1.6.8.

Please also describe the steps you took prior to losing the collection and define what you currently see when you open the collection (black grid, error, etc.)
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Bugs (MTG Studio)