MTGIE Full Card Art Settings?

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

MTGIE Full Card Art Settings?

Postby shad0w » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:53 pm

Hi, still great program, the best out there (and it's totally free!!)
But only one question: I got all the zip files from MTGplay.it containing all the full jpeg card art. These images are in MTGIE format, so their names are a raising number or just a date followed by a number. In "New features" you say MTGIE card art supported... But HOW? I tryied everything and no way out...
Am I missing something?
shad0w
Apprentice

MTGIE Card Art

Postby gaddlord » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:15 am

Hi, still great program, the best out there (and it's totally free!!)

Thank you, shad0w.

In "New features" you say MTGIE card art supported.

Yes the new version supports the MTGIE Card Art.

I got all the zip files from MTGplay.it containing all the full jpeg card art. These images are in MTGIE format, so their names are a raising number or just a date followed by a number.

The MTGIE product is released from Wizards from the Coast. It has no support nowadays and the development of this product has ceased.
MTG Studio supports the card art from MTG Interactive Encyclopedia for the editions which were supported officially in the last release of MTGIE.

Currently some independant developers continue to extend the MTGIE database adding the new editions. The patches (aka MTG Play patches) are not official and come from different sources. Most of the independant vendors (who supply these patches) use different naming conventions and directory paths where to store the images. Thus only the editions from the last WotC official release are supported.

You are supposed to see the images from the early editions in MTG Studio such as 4th Edition, 5th Edition. Do you see for example "Terror" from Unlimited edition? I can see it on my machine. :wink:

I will make a complete list of the officially supported editions in MTGIE and will post it in this thread.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:27 am

Great!

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)