Add Foil Column Tracking.

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Add Foil Column Tracking.

Postby bdaddy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:32 pm

In the missing set cards report it should list foils separately under quantity. That way if you are a collector or want a set number of cards you can just pull up a set and see what you actually have under foil and non-foil. I know that I like to have 5 of each card and a foil, but I can not use that report to see what I actually have five of or if the sixth card is a foil or an extra card I entered under non-foil. This report is easier to see and use than sorting the database by quantity, which you then have to undo to go back to whatever sorting I already chose.
bdaddy
Mage
Mage

Re: Add Foil Column Tracking.

Postby CptDobey » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:22 am

To allow this, there must me a flag somewhere to tell "there are foils in this set". If you do not do this, the report will tell you that your are missing an Unlimited Foil Black Lotus ;)

You also have to think about products or cards which are foil only, as FtV, some spcecial decks (Graveborn)...
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Re: Add Foil Column Tracking.

Postby Moosesjr » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:37 pm

The products that are currently foil are not automatically entered as foil already so you would still need to check the proper box or hit the add foil button.

I think what he was talking about is that sets that are only foils would have no number under the report under quantity, but a number under foil quantity. It is not a check that is done. It is up to each person to mark whether they have foil cards or not.

The first set to include foils was Urza's Legacy, with the exclusion of Lightning Dragon given out at Urza's Saga Prerelease. If there has to be a flag somewhere it can be made with two checks.
1. No foils in this release
2. This release has foils only.

This way when you add a set it automatically foils the cards or does not give you an option to foil them. The easiest way to implement the system would be just to have a foil column added under the report like he wanted. No extra coding or anything except what is needed to include that column.
Moosesjr

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)