How to input my collection?

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

How to input my collection?

Postby Balkhan1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:44 am

Can someone tell me simply how to enter my card collection into Studio :wall: ? I have the trial version...
Thanks!
Balkhan1
Apprentice

Re: How to input my collection?

Postby CptDobey » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Hello,

On the top right corner, you have a drop-box "Mode:" with three options. One of them is "Collection from pool".
The Pool is then on the top grid. Your Collection is the bottom grid.

If you click on the top grid then type the name of the card you're looking for (b l a c k (space) l o t u s), the grid will position itself on that card. Then you can just hit "enter" (return) to add it to your collection.

Hint: click on the the column title "Name", in order to sort card pool by card name. This way, you will see all the cards with the same name in each edition (Alpha, Beta, Unlimited...).

F3, will open a window where you can set various filter (color, edition, block)...

BTW: Your collection is save automatically in a ".collection" file. With the "Portable" version, it is saves into the application directory. I do not know for the "install" version. Do not forget to make a backup copy of this file, especially when you add a lot of cards ;)
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Re: How to input my collection?

Postby Balkhan1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Thank you!
Balkhan1
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)