Prices not loading properly.

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Prices not loading properly.

Postby Moobu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm attempting to download TCGplayer.com prices and they are incredibly low after I update my prices using the program. For example its attempting to tell me my Revised Underground Sea is worth $90 when the website tcgplayer.com has them for over double that price at $200+. I've checked both market value and price fields with the same problem.
Moobu
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: Prices not loading properly.

Postby CptDobey » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Hello,

With the previous release (3.21):
In the "sell at" column, I just got a "smart average" of $209.
With "import prices", then "update", I get $97 in the "Market Price" column. The "import" process was very low.

I assume is due to the site, not the MtG Studio (or the bug already exists in v3.21... probably not).
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby gaddlord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Some stores do not provide split of the prices by set and the average gets skewed by some other set Underground Sea cards.
I would usually advice to use Buy At and Sell At column to manage the prices and use Market Price column just as indicative one.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Moobu » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:08 am

I don't understand the purpose of the Market Value column if that is the case. Am I understanding it correctly that it doesn't currently function properly?
Moobu
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:11 am

Moobu wrote:I don't understand the purpose of the Market Value column if that is the case. Am I understanding it correctly that it doesn't currently function properly?

It calculates properly. The actual price values come from various card stores. We are not responsible for the quality of the prices provided by third party card stores.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby jnutty » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:03 pm

I had a similar question. Example: Have a collection of Dark Ascension (DKA). But not all prices are updating properly, Mondronen Shaman/Tovola does not show any price at all. Even though I have imported the card prices. I chose TCG Player as the import, as they have the card listed on their site, but will not update in MTG Studio. This is only one example of this. Any Ideas?
jnutty

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)