Reset price data

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Reset price data

Postby gleavitt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:51 am

Anyone know how to remove all price data from the collection then set it manually in cases where bad import data skews the average?
gleavitt
Warlock
Warlock

Re: Reset price data

Postby CptDobey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:07 am

I think the prices are saved in: ...\MTG Studio\Configuration\mtgstudio.prices

Delete it, that will probably do the trick.

Before deleting this file, doing a back-up of your collection file (called mtgstudio.collection or mtgstudio_portable.collection) is probably a good idea ;)
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby gleavitt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:50 am

Thanks for trying. It looks like the mtgstudios.price file is the raw data created by the Import function, but not source of the value displayed in the 'Market Price' column of the collection file.

I'm guessing that value is probably locked into the collection file after it's calculated which would mean the only way to reset it would be to delete the row from the database then recreate it (or ask gadlord for a menu function that resets it or to make it an editable field or some such).

I really need to just either decrypt the mtgstudio.collection file or write my own database from the ground up, but I don't really have time for that either. For now I'll just live with buggy basic lands being valued at $10 each.
gleavitt
Warlock
Warlock

Postby CptDobey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Of course, after deleting the file you've downloaded the prices again and updated you collection price, haven't you ?
:mrgreen:
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby gleavitt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Yeah. After updating again the prices of existing rows are blank, but if I add a new row it updates. Again, too many rows to realistically do that for the entire collection database.
gleavitt
Warlock
Warlock

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)