Incorrect Card Pricing

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Incorrect Card Pricing

Postby stirfry213 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 pm

I don't know if this is an issue with MTG Studio or if it's an issue with the source of the pricing. Regardless, there are some cards that are WAY off in pricing. See below:

Heroism - Fallen Empires $127.02, TCG Player ~$.30
Insight - 6th Edition is showing $52.63, TCG Player ~$.30
King Crab - Urza's Legacy $19.75, TCG Player ~$.30
Flood - 5th Edition $18.75, TCG Player ~$.30

That's a pretty big difference, lol. These are just a few examples.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
stirfry213
Apprentice

Re: Incorrect Card Pricing

Postby oldmanmagic » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:27 pm

I will check this out to see if I am seeing this problem too. Make sure you have the latest build (3.13) and are using the MTG Traders for pricing (ABU has a lot of errors and is so far off on some things its funny). It used be that you would see these problems but it was fixed in newer versions. Wondering if it popped up again as I know that Gad has been doing alot of work on the pricing piece for MTG Studio.
oldmanmagic
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby mrcooke » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 am

How do I check/change where MTGStudio goes to check card pricing? I can't seem to find that in any menu options. User error?
Thank you
mrcooke
Apprentice

Postby CptDobey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:39 am

Switch to Collection from Pool mode.
Go the the "Sell at" column, and click the "..." button.

A new window will appear and you will have a list of shops where that card is available.

I do not know an option to restrict the list of shops used.
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby mrcooke » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Thank you for your prompt response. However, I cannot find the "sell at" column on my Collection from Card Pool display. And I can't seem to locate any way to get it to appear! The columns heading does show up under the "customization" screen derived from the Field Chooser option after I right click on one of the current display columns but nothing happens when I click on it from that screen option: no change in columns are displayed! Any advice?

Thanks
mrcooke
Apprentice

Postby CptDobey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:26 pm

I should have wrote it like this: from the list box at top right choose Collection from pool.

The top grid is the card pool (all the cards). The bottom grid is your collection. Sell at column is available in the bottom grid.
CptDobey

Postby mrcooke » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:40 am

Thank you, CptDobey.
I am well aware of the difference in the 2 displays, top cards and bottom collection. What I meant to convey was that I am unable to locate the "sell at" column in my bottom collection display; it just does not appear at all. The "sell at" option does show up under the "field chooser" option under Customization: columns after I right click one of the bottom display columns (collection) but nothing happens when I click on or select the "sell at" option in that Customization: columns window. Am I missing something? Operator error? It is possible that the "sell at" column was removed from my bottom collection display at some point; I am not the only local user of MTGStudio on my computer. How do I get it back if that is the case?
Thank you in advance for your assistance. :?
mrcooke
Apprentice

Postby CptDobey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 am

In "collection from pool" mode, on the top left corner of the bottom pane, next to the "name of the card" column, you have little button. If you click on it, you will have a list with all the columns available. Just check the correct box ;)
(I always use this method and I do not have MtG Studio right now, so I'm unable to test what you have described)

As "Sell at..." is displayed by default, you can close MtG Studio, go to your MtG Studio directory and delete / rename the "configiguration" directory. This diretory and the files it contains will be re-created the next time you run MtG Studio. Of course, all your config is lost. You have to do it again.

BTW, I'm using the "portable" version of MtG Studio, the behavior and directory structure with the "installer" vesion may differ. I do not know how to reset your config with the installed version.
CptDobey

Postby mrcooke » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 am

Thank you! I found the correct solution to my issue as you described and the "sell at" column is now back on my collection display. I appreciate your kind assistance! :D
mrcooke
Apprentice

Postby stirfry213 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:58 pm

I apologize for not replying to this thread for so long. I've been gone on vacation+business for several weeks.

I have since updated to version 3.14. I have imported pricing from TCG Player. I have also updated the pricing. All of the cards I previously mentioned have corrected pricing, but others have not. Here's a few examples:

Knight Errant - 7th Edition $17.50 - TCG Player ~$.30
Erhnam Djinn - Anthologies $10.48 - TCG Player N/A (TCGP doesn't list anthologies as an option. This card is a reprint, but it is defaulting to the Arabian Nights pricing)
Jayemdae Tome - M13 $10.39 - TCG Player ~$.35
Arnjlot's Ascent - Ice Age $9.99 - TCG Player ~$.35
Cooperation - Ice Age $9.99 - TCG Player ~$.35
Archangel - Avacyn Restored $8.86 - TCG PLayer ~$.30
stirfry213
Apprentice

Postby oldmanmagic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:31 pm

I have noticed a lot of inconsistent pricing as well since really getting back into placing my cards (especially newer ones), into the application. I have several that don't have prices and not sure why (maybe the batch upload doesn't have the card).

Gaadlord, would it be possible to add a feature to allow us to import our pricing based on the average of selected cards in the "store tab" of the card that is selected. Or even better, a method for pulling store prices for a card and then matching it against our own filters to batch process missing cards? This way we could go to the tab on a card with a missing price, select the applicable prices (ignoring foils, wrong set, and obviously overpriced singles), and then import the average of those prices.

Oldmanmagic

P.S. I still think that an eBay "sold" filter for pricing cards would be a great option too (or hell even an eBay column). I have about 35,000 cards in my collection and am always looking at the values of rares if I decided to start to piece it out and sell it. (I would be willing to donate extra money for this feature too... hell even a eBay engine to sell right from MTG Studio would be killer I would imagine).

P.S.S. Am I missing the "undo" button anywhere when you accidently add cards.
oldmanmagic
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby texasaggie » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:26 am

Gadd - I know there's been a lot of discussion about pricing. Perhaps if we could get a right click option on a collection card row to allow us to remove the market pricing for that row, that would help a little. I've got some common cards listed at $200-$300 each because of bad prices from some of the sources and it is throwing off my collection market value significantly. I'd rather remove the commons to get to a more realistic value overall than keep them in there.
texasaggie

Postby OldGreen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:29 am

I have 8,600 rows in my collection, but now only ~400 of them have a market price or value (previously many more rows had a market price). How do I get that populated for all the cards? I have imported & updated. v3.18
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)