Data-Backup and USB-Question

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Data-Backup and USB-Question

Postby JoergH » Fri May 24, 2013 10:27 am

Hi,

2 questions:

1. Is it possible to run MTG-S from USB and use the USB-Stick in different Computers with all the Data (Collection for example)?
Or does MTG-S save some data (Collection for example) on the local Harddisks?

2. How can i backup my data?

Thanks!
Joerg
JoergH
Apprentice

Re: Data-Backup and USB-Question

Postby CptDobey » Sat May 25, 2013 6:33 am

Hello,

1. Yes, it is possible. I'm doing it. Just download the "portable version": http://www.mtgstudio.com/Download.aspx#.UaCfy5xefLw
Basically, you put the archive content wherever you want - you just have to keep the directory structure as in the archive. You just have to double-click on mtgstudio_portable.exe to launch the program.

2. Yes.
You can back-up two things:
- the file called mtgstudio_portable.collection (I'm assuming you're using the portable version mentioned above)
- the directory Configuration (which will be created the first time you run the program)

Beware: I already had some issues when updating to a new version if I keep the "old" configuration directory. Thus, when upgrading, I just keep the .collection files and the card pictures.
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Re: Data-Backup and USB-Question

Postby gaddlord » Thu May 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Another solution is to use Dropbox or similar cloud storage service. I for example use such one to access MTG Studio from both home and work PCs, and iMac.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)