New card data

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Re: New card data

Postby vendeen » Sun May 19, 2013 12:42 am

This has reached the point now where I check the site every day just so I can laugh at myself for clinging to the belief that this product is still supported. It was great while it lasted!
vendeen
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 am

:P You must have forgot to check yesterday then, because the update went out!
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Sun May 19, 2013 4:25 pm

MTG Studop 3.12 is out. You can get it from http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx or from Help | Check for Update in your MTG Studio.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 pm

vendeen wrote:This has reached the point now where I check the site every day just so I can laugh at myself for clinging to the belief that this product is still supported. It was great while it lasted!

I can give you some tips to avoid the manual checks:

1. MTG Studio checks for new version after 1 minute of being opened. It will notify you with a message box that there is a new versiobn available and suggest and upgrade
2. If you wish to perform the check manually you can use the Help | Check for Update feature
3. You can subscribe to the forum via RSS/Atom reader (such as Google Reader, Feedly, Outlook, Thunderbird, Mail, etc.) using the http://mtgstudio.com/forum/feed.php.

Thank you for being patient. Next set updates will come without delays (I am no planning any more trips to US this year).
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Skarsol » Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

gaddlord wrote:1. MTG Studio checks for new version after 1 minute of being opened. It will notify you with a message box that there is a new versiobn available and suggest and upgrade

Is there a way to make it so the portable version updates properly instead of it trying to install when you upgrade?
Skarsol
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Thu May 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Skarsol wrote:
gaddlord wrote:1. MTG Studio checks for new version after 1 minute of being opened. It will notify you with a message box that there is a new versiobn available and suggest and upgrade

Is there a way to make it so the portable version updates properly instead of it trying to install when you upgrade?

How do you define "proper update". Maybe you mean can MTG Studio upgrade without running an installer?

Upgrade through installer is a pretty standard routine for many of the paid/shareware applications I use - Delphi, Notepad++, etc.

The installer gives me much more flexability and less maintenance than other (behind the scenes) installation procedures performed. I do not plan having a non-Installer upgrade version of MTG Studio for the time being.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Skarsol » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:11 am

I run the portable version off a USB stick. When there is an update, it prompts me to run the update. If I say yes, it gets the update and attempts to install the program on my computer. A "proper" update of the portable version would install the product to the directory that it is running in currently. What I have to do now is once it prompts me, say no, then go download the updated portable version manually and replace my install with that one. It's not a huge deal, just an annoyance.

Or, if running the portable version, have it just say that there is an update (once per update) and don't ask if it should be installed (I've clicked yes on accident before).
Skarsol
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby kevinwang » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:50 am

if it's too demanding to keep the program updated in a timely manner. Some will surely argue 8 days post official release is not unreasonably long, and in the big scheme of things its probably not. But to those of us who actually rely on the features to track our resources and build our decks, it's an eternity. I value my time as well.
kevinwang
Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)