Sort by set number & Proxies

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Sort by set number & Proxies

Postby Anvil » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Hey all!

Two things...

First, I was wondering if there was a column for the card number. For instance, I'm looking at Barbed Lightning from Darksteel. It is number 55 of 165. I'm asking because if I had that column, I could sort my collection in the order of the set. It would also help when logging cards I keep in albums or hard cases as separate collections from my playable cards. I would be able to see what I'm missing in my album. Like, I would know what comes after Barbed Lightning if I was missing the next card.

Secondly, it would be awesome if MTG Studio could print proxies. I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere (apologies if so), but I wouldn't want to play with my Sarkhan Vol from Conflux. I'd make a proxy and keep the paper card in it's hard case. Legally, in tournaments (unless the rule changed), I can play a printed proxy in place of a card as long as I have the actual physical card with me. Magic Workstation was able to do this, and MTG Studio would benefit from being able to do it as well.

Thanks gaddlord, for all your hard work. I'm a little short on cash, but I would love to get this program. Working with the trial is really cool.
Anvil
Apprentice

Re: Sort by set number & Proxies

Postby CptDobey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 am

Hello,

Yes, the collection number is available (for the editions which have it):
On the top of the grids (either top or down grid), at the left you have a (very) small... stuff... composed of three dots and 5 lines, at the left of "name". Click on it. You then have a pop-up with the various columns available and you have "no". This is the card number.

About proxies: I'm thinking it is possible, but I do not find the way to do it, sorry. Maybe I'm wrong.
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby gaddlord » Mon May 20, 2013 2:53 am

Currently the 'Print Proxies' feature is not available. You can vote for it at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions/suggestions/276400-print-proxies.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Anvil » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:39 pm

@gaddlord

Hello! I just voted (after a long time away) for the ability to print proxies. I haven't touched MTG Studio in a long time, and I was wondering how this feature is coming along. Thank you.
Anvil
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)