Filter by Oracle rules?

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Filter by Oracle rules?

Postby Qing » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 am

MTG Studio has powerful search and filtering capabilities, but is it possible to use in filters Oracle rules? I could not figure how to do it. Now the Text field displays only printed rules, which is not that useful for me.
Qing
Apprentice

Re: Filter by Oracle rules?

Postby Gonduron » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:04 am

I strongly support this change request.

Those of use that use MTG Studio for deck construction often search for cards with certain abilities, such as "Reach". Many old cards already had that ability, however not with "Reach" printed on them but with some more or less cryptic definition of that ability. Oracle replaced all of those cryptic definitions on those old cards with the simple word "Reach". As of now, when I search for "Reach" with MTG Studio, it gives me the new cards only. It doesn't show the old cards that have "Reach" as well, however not physically printed on them :?

Most likely I'm not the only one that prefers MTG Studio over MWS because of its superior search/filter feature. Including Oracle is most critical for this search/filter feature. Thus you should implement it, no matter the effort :!:
Gonduron
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)