eBay Completed Auctions Parsing (Feature Request)

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

eBay Completed Auctions Parsing (Feature Request)

Postby oldmanmagic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 am

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum (as I thought there was a forum for feature requests), but it would be great if there was a way to also pull eBay completed listings auctions and add them to a column in the database (if available). I know that the parser wouldn't be super easy, but if there was a way to just search on card names, quantity (x1,x2,x3,x4), foil/non foil, and average the costs that would be an amazing feature to have.

As I am getting back into MTG again, I have been buying cards up by the collection. It would be great to do a import into the stand alone version and then pull eBay pricing to see what they are selling for before I make an offer. It would also be great to know what my cards are "really" worth if I was to try and sell them on eBay. I know that it would only be able to collect a certain amount of data (for recent auctions), but I think this would be a great feature. I certainly would be willing to donate a little to get this one put in for sure.

-OldManMagic
oldmanmagic
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: eBay Completed Auctions Parsing (Feature Request)

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 am

Select a card and choose Online | eBay Sales menu. It will bring pleanty of deals there.
Unfortunatlly since the people post so many cards and they vary in their characteristics: being autographed, different condition, language, promotional, or even a t-shirt with the card art on the back for MTG Studio it would be tough to navigate through this and display accurate average prices.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby oldmanmagic » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks for the reply Gad. What about a filtering system that lets us specify how to agragate cards? Perhaps something were we could match a search filter (POSIX?) with a quantity:

Search:

MTG and <Card Name> and (X1 or x1 or one) = 1 card
MTG and <Card Name> and (X2 or x2 or two) = 2 card

Maybe a way to ignore a text too (ignore Foreign, Foil, etc) . This way users could write their own custom filters that fit them.

Just an idea,

Oldmanmagic
oldmanmagic
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby pakerjon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks gaddlord for this guidance...
8) 8) 8) :)
paker
pakerjon
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:09 am

Some filtering options are possible:

* Condition
* Max Price
* Min Quantity
* Free Shipping Only
* Located In Country
* Local Searches within Distance mi/km

But the same can be done in eBay directly and I wonder what is the benefit of doing this in MTG Studio.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)