New concept for card list display

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

New concept for card list display

Postby Moobu » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:25 am

I was doing some pretty heavy adding to my collection tonight when I came up with an idea that I think will make adding/detailing cards 100x easier. I'm thinking it would be beneficial to switch to a type of "Tree" display for the cards. There would be a main "card" topic where you add your total number and see your total price for that "stack" and what not. Then you can click a + button to expand the list of cards. From there you can assign set, foil, condition, and any other important defining factors that vary from each copy of a card. For Example:

+Birds of Paradise: 6 Copies: Market Value - Undefined

The main "card" hub would turn into a list looking like this.

-Birds of Paradise: 6 Copies: Market Value - (blank)
l-Set - (blank) : (blank) Copies: Condition - (blank) (Pull Down Menu) : Foil? (blank)(check box) : Market Price - (blank) : Market Value - (blank) : Remove Row?
l-Set - (blank) : (blank) Copies: Condition - (blank) (Pull Down Menu) : Foil? (blank)(check box) : Market Price - (blank) : Market Value - (blank) : Remove Row?

The final product would look something like this.

-Birds of Paradise: 6 Copies: Market Value - $60.00
l-Set - 4th Edition : 2 Copies: Condition - Fine (Pull Down Menu) : Foil? No(check box) : Market Price - $15.00 : Market Value - $15.00
l-Set - 6th Edition: 1 Copies: Condition - Fine : Foil? Yes : Market Price - $15.00 : Market Value - $15.00
l-Set - 6th Edition: 1 Copies: Condition - Good : Foil? No : Market Price - $10.00 : Market Value - $10.00
l-Set - Magic 2011: 2 Copies: Condition - Good : Foil? Yes : Market Price - $10.00 : Market Value - $20.00
l-(Add New Row?)

I know this would probably be a huge pain in the [CENSORED] for you to code Gadd... but I truly believe that this would be a MASSIVE improvement over the current Excel/Spreadsheet style that the system currently uses. It would make adding cards a LOT easier and it would add a level of depth to adding condition details to each card that no other system has ever offered before with such ease.
Moobu
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)