How Do Market Price/Value Work?

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

How Do Market Price/Value Work?

Postby ReliantLion » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

I can't seem to get these columns to fill with any info. If I click on the pile of money in the lower left corner, it shows a ton of values for a card, but it doesn't put them in the collection column. I've tried File->Update Prices, but all that does is flash a short progress bar, then disappear.

Am I doing it wrong?
ReliantLion
Apprentice

Re: How Do Market Price/Value Work?

Postby CptDobey » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 am

It is not working this way.

The "Market price" and "Market value" columns are updated when you've imported prices then updated prices. Some cards will not receive any value.

The values you see when you click on the "pile of money" are the values you can put into either "Buy at" or "sell at" columns. To achieve this, you have to click on the little "..." button at the right of the cell of each card for these columns.

I haven't found a way to fill "buy at" or "sell at" column automatically, I do it one card at a time (which is slow and boring).
Please, note that I'm not a member of MtG-Studio team.
CptDobey

Postby gaddlord » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:53 am

Be sure to check the FAQ on "How prices work in MTG Studio" at http://mtgstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ#How_prices_work_in_MTG_Studio.3F
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby jthunt11 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 pm

It would be nice to be able to autofill the prices with a "Smart Average" for them all.

I haven't seen a way to do this either. This is a feature I think a lot of us would want.
jthunt11

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)