how do I test a deck that I created?

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Postby spike » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:18 pm

spike

Testing Deck

Postby gaddlord » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:54 am

What do you mean by "testing a deck". Perhaps how to play with?
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:43 pm

YEs thats wat I meant :shock:

How to play

Postby gaddlord » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:31 am

We are in process of development our Mtg multiplayer called Necromancer. It will be compatible with Apprentice 1.46. Until Necromancer is ready you can use other (third-party) multiplayer's. MTG Studio supports Apprentice and MWSPlay deck formats. Soon MTGPlay and MTG Encyclopedia deck formats will be also supported.

:)
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:16 pm

WHen do you think it will be finished?
:D

Necromancer

Postby gaddlord » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:09 am

When do you think it will be finished?

Currently it is in alpha stage. The first public beta will be available no sooner than 8 weeks. Sorry for the bad news. :?

Why so long? Is it so difficult?

We are trying to do the impossible. Apprentice seems to be "dead" - though there are some rumors that Apprentice 2.0 is currently in development, nothing than just a screenshot is available. And what we do is trying to "raise the dead" Apprentice 1.46.

We are recoding every single thing from the last version of Apprentice (ver 1.46) without having a single line of the original code. It will be a hard work, but I think it is worthy.

Why Apprentice compatible network protocol? Can't think of your own?

It is always better to enhance something already done. IMHO Apprentice is the most world widely spread Mtg multiplayer. Surely thare are others, but they are not so popular in all the countries all togather. Apprentice was not bad. For the years when it was written it was quite good. Unfortunatelly it is not currently supported. The players want new features - we will enhance the Apprentice protocol and give them to you.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Glacial Storm » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:45 am

Can you play solo matches against AI in nercromancer?

Or always against a real person.

You know to test a deck, it's more easy to begin an AI game rather then find an opponent and connect to him! In particular way for ones like me that are beginners...
Glacial Storm
Apprentice

MTG AI

Postby gaddlord » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:42 pm

Making an AI for playing Magic is a very complex task. It is definetely far more complex than chess (due to the various number of actions a player can take). If you are interested in playing Magic agains AI search for Shandalar or Magma.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)