Quickest way to add your collection to MTGStudio

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Quickest way to add your collection to MTGStudio

Postby jibby2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Hello all,

I am a new user to MTGStudio and wanted to get some advice from people who have been using it for a while.

I have a decent-sized Magic collection of a few thousand cards going back to the Revised era all the way to Innistrad (not all sets represented tho... just some of them here and there).

I'm currently adding my cards to the collection in MTGStudio one at a time. It's a long process that definitely takes multiple hours. To those of you that have done this before, what do you find is the best/quickest way to do this? Is there a way you can organize your cards to make one-at-a-time entry easier? Any features/shortcuts in the MTGStudio program that makes this quicker? Or perhaps there's another program with an easier collection creation function that I can then export and import into MTGStudio?

It would seem like I could probably add cards to an Excel sheet pretty quickly since my cards mostly belong to only certain sets (copy available set lists online into Excel, mark the ones I have, filter, copy-paste into new sheet, import to MTGStudio or other program), but I'm not sure if that would be possible.

Thank you!
jibby2
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Maybe you can process them edition by edition.
Use the (F3) filter by edition.
From the card pool select all (Ctrl+A) and add the selected cards to your collection (Add to Collection) button
Then you remove the cards which you actually do not own.

Be aware that typing the first letters of the card in the card pool will smartly find the card and scroll to it and then pressing Enter will add to collection.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Azul » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:10 am

This is your chance to get your stuff all sorted out and put into boxes in the proper way.

You should try sorting everything by set first of all. Decide if you want to just sort alphabetically or if you want to do it by rarity or whatever. Filter the pool by the set and potentially by colour.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)