Feature request: Deck lists and overview

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Feature request: Deck lists and overview

Postby mystiqu » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:22 am

Hi

Im not sure if this already exists... but I can't find it :?
I think this application focuses too much on card features and misses the bigger picture.

I would like to have a view with a list of all your decks (or your favorite decks) so you have a fast and easy access to them and can switch between them easily (one click only to load).
To go into the menu and load a new deck every time you want to switch to another one is very annoying and you have no clear overview of all your decks.

Just a simple view/work space to the left would do - like:
My Decks View
*Green infect deck
*White control deck
*Red bomber

The same goes for the collection, which today is a big junk yard.
I would like to have a list of different collections as well, like:

*My entire collection
*Items I want to trade away
*Wish list
*... and so on...

So, to summarize:
1) Editable deck view with your favorite decks
2) Editable collection view with all your collections

Best regards,
Mike
mystiqu
10k Posts
10k Posts

Postby TheAndrian » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:39 am

Yeah sounds good. Especially the ability to have multiple collections etc. I'm starting to wish the program would have a visual approach for collections and decks a bit like mtgo; I find mtgo collection view and deck builder very clumsy but I'm sure a more elegant version could be done in mtgstudio.

For multiple collections an icon for each by double clicking opens up the collection which can be displayed either like in the current form like a spreadsheet or a visual card collection and similarly for the deck editor.

Furthermore once a collection has been opened up one could have further icons for each set/expansion/block visually.

Obviously the collection/deck editor currently in mtgstudio is the core mechanics of the program which can be at some point (as an option) be more fancy visually.
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard

Postby mystiqu » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Furthermore once a collection has been opened up one could have further icons for each set/expansion/block visually.

This is a great suggestion.
Under each collection symbol you could have symbols for all the sets/expansions/blocks.
One click on the collection symbol displays all the cards in the collection, and then a specific set is just a click away :D

A feature like this is really easy to implement since the core functionality behind it most likely is already in place.

//Mike
mystiqu
10k Posts
10k Posts

Postby Schwanke » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 pm

I know you can vote for multiple collections with the blue Feedback button to the right. Please do. :) I want that for when I start selling and can do collections by box instead of one massive one.
Newest version of the software, beta or otherwise can be found here: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
---
My detailed Pricing Feature Suggestions: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:13 am

Since now the Multi-Collection feature is on #1 place I guess I must get myself thinking in the best ways to implement it.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)