Sort order

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Sort order

Postby sauraun » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 am

Is there a way to have MTG Studio sort in a set order? I would like to sort by edition first with all card from that edition in 1 line. Next by card # with all cards of a set in numerical order.
Then by color as WoTC does (WUBRG). Then lastly by name. This way a card with no number would be sorted into the correct edition and in the correct color/name order.
sauraun

Postby TheAndrian » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:39 pm

If you are referring to older sets where the cards did not have a numbering system - yes, I find it quite annoying entering older cards since the only order is by selecting the colour column but unfortunately the alphebetical order is jumbled so you cannot enter in an orderly fashion.

Talking of numbering, I've noticed M12 does not follow anymore the convention x/249 - was that intentional Gad?

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Sort order

Postby gaddlord » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:50 am

sauraun wrote:Is there a way to have MTG Studio sort in a set order? I would like to sort by edition first with all card from that edition in 1 line. Next by card # with all cards of a set in numerical order.
Then by color as WoTC does (WUBRG). Then lastly by name. This way a card with no number would be sorted into the correct edition and in the correct color/name order.

Explore View|Cards|Sort dialog where you can arrange sort order. You can also use Ctrl, and Shift and clicking over the column headers to combine columns in their sort order. It takes a couple of experiments but it works.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 am

TheAndrian wrote:Talking of numbering, I've noticed M12 does not follow anymore the convention x/249 - was that intentional Gad?

Being in a rush for releasing M12 support I forgot the /249 suffix. Fixed in forthcoming 2.3 release.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)