Easier to enter cards

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Easier to enter cards

Postby zho » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:21 am

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but every time I do a search and try and enter a card into my deck, I get an error message stating "Cannot find card "name" in card pool."

I often try and type the partial name, and it properly selects the card. However, I hit the enter key and get this message. I have to move the mouse over the card (to select the entire name) then hit enter and it will work.

I like to work off of shortcuts. So this is my preferred method:
1) ctrl-f
2) type in name or partial name of card (be nice if it actively showed potential cards as I type, but no biggie).
3) hit enter and it searches and highlights the most likely card.
4) hit enter to add the selection to the deck (multiple times if more than 1 in deck).

Just a request for a future update (or please let me know if I have a setting wrong).

Thanks
zho
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:44 am

Not sure if it will help you at all, but you don't even have to hit ctrl-f. Just mouse click in the window you want to search in (either the pool or deck window) and then start typing your search. It'll move you through the cards as you search.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby zho » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks....that helps tons. Didnt know I could do that. Works great, no issue.
zho
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)