Adding additional copies of cards

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Adding additional copies of cards

Postby shmebula » Fri May 13, 2011 7:59 pm

It seems that 1.8.5 might have changed the way you add cards. Now, every time I add more than 1 copy of a card to my collection, I get the following notification:
"The collection already has copies of the card 'CARD NAME' present."

Is there a way to always default to yes, add the card? Otherwise, adding cards has become much more painful.
shmebula

Postby gaddlord » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 pm

In the forthcoming 2.1 version:

Added "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons when prompting should newly added cards be added on the same row or inserted as new rows.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby shmebula » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Excellent!
shmebula

Postby shmebula » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm

I d/led the latest copy and I don't see this option. Did it make it in to 2.1?
shmebula

Wondering the same thing

Postby LordHastur » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:46 am

Did we get an answer to this somewhere? I also don't have the option Yes To All...
LordHastur
Apprentice

Postby CptDobey » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 am

Are you trying to add cards to a deck or to your collection ?

When adding cards from the commander decks, I did had the message.
CptDobey

Postby shmebula » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Still don't see this in 2.2. :(

To be clear, it's when I add the same card from the Pool to my Collection.
shmebula

Postby shmebula » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:33 am

gaddlord wrote:In the forthcoming 2.1 version:

Added "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons when prompting should newly added cards be added on the same row or inserted as new rows.

Gaddlord: I still don't see this in 2.3.

Not sure if we're saying the same thing or not. Here's what's happening to me:
When I get new cards, I set the view to see the Pool at the top, and my collection at the bottom.
I type the name of the new card while in the pool window. When I get to the correct card, I press the down arrow to add it to the collection.
If this is an additional copy of a card I already own, I get the Yes/No/(something) prompt. I'd like to set it so it is yes every single time for me. Note that I do need a way to add a second line occasionally, if I have a foil copy of the card, but this is less often, so a default "yes" would be perfect for me, but I still need the capability to add a new line.
shmebula

Postby Schwanke » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Really I think the simplest way to do something like this is to have the window contain:

Yes/No
And a CHECKBOX that says "Use this answer every time."

This should be for all 'confirmation' boxes that you see more then once or twice during normal usage.

THEN

Have a config window off the main menu somewhere that lists all of these confirmation windows with a button next to it that says "Clear repeated answer" or something.

That way the first time you use it you can make it auto answer but if you want to stop auto answer you go to the config menu and turn it off and next time it will not auto answer but you can still auto answer next time and so on.
Newest version of the software, beta or otherwise can be found here: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
---
My detailed Pricing Feature Suggestions: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Re: Adding additional copies of cards

Postby vinnyhigh » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:38 am

Not in yet?
vinnyhigh
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:57 am

it is been there for quite some time.

Yes to All and No to All is displayed whenever more than 1 cards is selected from the card pool and you would like to preserve your choice for all cards left to be added from the current batch.

It is NOT a Yes to All forever settings, works just for the current batch of selected cards.

If you like to have the ability to globally SWITCH those confirmation messages off please vote at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions/suggestions/2594957-turn-off-are-you-sure-add-card-to-collection-
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby vinnyhigh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi gaddlord,

But the buttons don't show when only 1 card is selected in the card pool.
When a new edition is released I normaly add the large nummers of cards like this:
1 I Sort the cards
2 Activate a filter on Serie, Color, Rarity
3 Select the card and press enter for each card to add while counting them.
(using my right hand to move up and down between de names and pressing enter to add while counting the cards with my left hand)

I think this is still the fastest way to add a new collections.
Now with this "message" I just press 10x enter (or 9 :p) to add 5 times the same card. Which is slower then it used to be.

But if i have to use a vote i would prefer to use it for a even more faster solution:

A switch on/off button to mass add cards with the numpad numbers.
So I can select a card with up and down arrows and add for example 5 cards by just pressing the "5" button
Or maybe (dunno if there are many users who often add more then 9 at once) open the : "add X cards window" (Shift+Ctrl+Enter) by just pressing a number: So i cant type 11 + enter to add 11 of the selected cards.
This way all can still be done with only 1 hand at the keyboard.
vinnyhigh
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:00 pm

The way you explained it it sounds pretty much as another "Add Booster" feature described here http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3856&p=9305#p9305

If this is what you expect I will strongly consider adding"Add Booster" feature sooner.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby shmebula » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am

gaddlord wrote:it is been there for quite some time.

Yes to All and No to All is displayed whenever more than 1 cards is selected from the card pool and you would like to preserve your choice for all cards left to be added from the current batch.

It is NOT a Yes to All forever settings, works just for the current batch of selected cards.

If you like to have the ability to globally SWITCH those confirmation messages off please vote at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions/suggestions/2594957-turn-off-are-you-sure-add-card-to-collection-

My questions were for single cards. Also, I read the link you quote at the end of your post as refering to a single card being entered, not the batch update you talk about here.

I don't think the booster feature you talked about is what I'm looking for either.
shmebula

Postby zhaoqian » Thu May 10, 2012 2:12 am

thanks for your forums
zhaoqian
Apprentice

Next

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)