Question About Ordering MTG Studio

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Question About Ordering MTG Studio

Postby Ertzi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:19 am

Hello everyone (But especially the MTGS team).

I just found out there is such a thing as MTG Studio, and I think the work you have done with the program and the features it provides are easily worth the current registration price. I would have bought the license already, but couple things worry me.

Firstly, I live in Finland and my name has a letter with dots above it (?). Is this a problem when filling out the registration form or the "Registered to" field in the program itself? I only ask because I have had some problems with this in the past when buying something with a credit card.

Secondly, what will be the "Registered to" name inside MTG Studio? Will it be the exact first and last name I fill in the registration form, or automatically the name in my credit card? And if it is the former, can I use a nick in the fields when filling out the form, as I'm not sure if I'm comfortable using my complete real name in a program that visits the internet on its own regularly (Nothing to do with the program, I just guard my real name closely on the net these days). Do the First and Last Name in the registration form have to match the credit card name?

This might seem a bit neurotic to some, but you wouldn't believe how often something miniscule like this has ruined a purchase for me. It's way better to ask the questions in advance in my opinion.

Anyway, if you would kindly answer these few questions and can make me be at ease, I would happily buy the license, as the software really is awesome. I almost started my own Excel file for my card collection too... Glad I looked for alternatives.
Ertzi

Knew it...

Postby Ertzi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 am

Hah! I had a hunch the letter itself would not be shown correctly in the thread (the question mark in the brackets). That's why I explained it first.

These are exactly the type of things many people don't consider, but they end up giving you trouble along the way.
Ertzi

Postby gaddlord » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 am

Very sane questions indeed.

My name has a letter with dots above it. Is this a problem when filling out the registration form.

Indeed I am using a third party software protection tool which had issues handling names like Gu:nter. I have upgraded their software recently which handles such Unicode symbols fine. Yet I will advise you to avoid using those and type the name as "Gunter" instead.

Secondly, what will be the "Registered to" name inside MTG Studio?
The Registered to is formed as First Name + Last Name.

Can I use a nick in the fields when filling out the form

Judging from our billing reports I do believe you can since some of the names of already registered dudes are very funny.

Do the First and Last Name in the registration form have to match the credit card name?

They can differ.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Ertzi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks for the quick answers! Customer service is another thing I value very highly, and it's great to get feedback in such a hasty manner.

I will buy the license in 24 hours. I would do it immediately, but it's quite late here and I'm tired. Better sleep first so I don't make stupid mistakes :)
Ertzi

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)