Adding a premade duel deck to the collection

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Adding a premade duel deck to the collection

Postby Percivul » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 am

I'm sure this has been answered, but I can't seem to find it myself through searching.

What I want to do is add the premade Elspeth & Tezzeret decks to my collection but I can't seem to find an import feature to do this. Is there a way to do it that doesn't require me to input every single card? I don't mind the single card method, but I figured I asked before I started.
Percivul
Mage
Mage

Postby Percivul » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Anybody????
Percivul
Mage
Mage

Postby Weevil » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:39 am

The good news is that you can do this. The bad news is that the preconstructed Elspeth vs Tezzeret decks give errors when you try to add them (...."was not found in the database definition"). The premade EvT decks can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\PalmROOT\MTG Studio 1.8.3\My Decks\MTGO.dek\Duel Decks

So, for a deck that actually works, you can do the following steps:
1) In Deck from Collection mode, drag and drop a premade deck from the My Decks folder.
2) In the Deck pane, right click and choose Select All
3) Then right click and choose Add to Collection.
4) Notice the warning that adding over 20 cards might make the program unstable.
5) Hope for the best. :-)
Weevil
Wizard
Wizard

Postby Percivul » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Ok, I just checked what you were saying, and you're correct. It works fine with most of the other decks but the EvT decks will not open. Gad!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta help us out here pal. ;) For me personally, I think this is the last bug to be squashed and I'll have a perfectly running program over here. I updated to Beta 8 but that didn't fix the problem.
Percivul
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Stay tuned. Just testing this with the final 1.8.3 release...
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby gaddlord » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:27 pm

The problem comes out of Wizards. They broke the rule for generating card ids for foil and non-foil cards.
Since the beginning of MTG Online III the card ids were consistent. And now the Elspeth, Knight-Errant.

I will have to check tons of cards to make sure that those are just the exclusions.

For the time being please ignore errors like this:
Code: Select all
Message: The card with MTGO III identifier "37782" was not found in the database definition. Deck: Elspeth vs Tezzeret - Elspeth.dek.
Message: The card with MTGO III identifier "37783" was not found in the database definition. Deck: Elspeth vs Tezzeret - Tezzeret.dek.

and manually add Elspeth, Knight-Errant and Tezzeret the Seeker.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby OldGreen » Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Weevil wrote:The good news is that you can do this. The bad news is that the preconstructed Elspeth vs Tezzeret decks give errors when you try to add them (...."was not found in the database definition"). The premade EvT decks can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\PalmROOT\MTG Studio 1.8.3\My Decks\MTGO.dek\Duel Decks

So, for a deck that actually works, you can do the following steps:
1) In Deck from Collection mode, drag and drop a premade deck from the My Decks folder.
2) In the Deck pane, right click and choose Select All
3) Then right click and choose Add to Collection.
4) Notice the warning that adding over 20 cards might make the program unstable.
5) Hope for the best. :-)
Just tried to do this in 1.8.6 and there are no files or folders in %AppData%\Roaming\PalmROOT\MTG Studio 1.8.6\My Decks. Is my installation missing something?
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 am

During installation you should be prompted if Sample Decks will be installed. Try reinstalling MTG Studio and then open the decks folder from your Start Windows menu

Start | Programs | PalmROOT | MTG Studio 1.8.6 | My Decks.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby OldGreen » Thu May 19, 2011 4:33 pm

re-installing and selecting "sample decks" did fix it.

Interestingly, the portable version gets some but not all of the sample deck folders. I copied them from my full install to the portable version with no issue.
OldGreen
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby gaddlord » Wed May 25, 2011 4:07 pm

OldGreen wrote:re-installing and selecting "sample decks" did fix it.

Interestingly, the portable version gets some but not all of the sample deck folders. I copied them from my full install to the portable version with no issue.

Is this still true for the 2.0 portable and non-portable versions? I believe they should be the same now.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)