search question

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

search question

Postby MTGdawg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:21 am

I am having problems with doing a search. I want to pull cards from pool to my collection. Is there a way to set the sort priority so it goes alphabetical then edition? I am sure there is an easy way and it is right in front of me, I just can't find it. It makes it easier when you have like cards from several editions.

Thanks for the help, and Love the program.

Don
MTGdawg
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 am

Well, I often add cards one edition at a time... the easiest way to do that is to click the field header 'name' so that the program is sorting by name.
Then mouse-over the edition field header. A little downward facing arrow should appear. Click on it and select all the editions that you want to show. The rest will be filtered out.

I often sort all my cards ahead of time and also sort by colour when I'm adding them. That way most of them are visible on a single screen.
Last edited by Azul on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby MTGdawg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 pm

I thought of that, but I am starting to add my collection, (about 1500 cards from a lot of editions) and that becomes a pain, An example is Duress. I have 6 of them from 4 different editions. However if I have to do that I will. Much easier than manually putting them in Excel.

Thx
MTGdawg
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:13 pm

It's a pain, but now is the best time to start figuring out your sorting system. While you don't have that many cards. That way as you go you can keep things in order.

Here's a recent article from ChannelFireball that has some decent sorting ideas.

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles ... organized/
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby MTGdawg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Great article. THX. The good news is step one is complete..kinda sorta...maybe... Where did that card come from????
MTGdawg
Apprentice

Postby Schwanke » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:13 pm

I actually took the time to buy card sorting trays (used mostly for baseball cards so they were hard to find till I searched wider on ebay) AND I made individual set identification cards. One for each set that stick up about half an inch above the card in the back with really big text and expansion symbol.

Of course I have over 10k common and uncommons to sort lol but its worth it in the long run. Especially since I'll be turning this in to play packs and selling them eventually. Even a penny a card 10,000 cards is 100$s and thats a decent booster box of new cards :D
Newest version of the software, beta or otherwise can be found here: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
---
My detailed Pricing Feature Suggestions: http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Finally this fix made its way as well (will be part of Beta 5 or the final 1.9 whichever comes first).

The issue was as simple as that:

For years if you press Enter with the Card Pool focused it will add the cards from card pool to your deck or collection.

At some point I decided to display the Enter shortcut in the Edit menus and it seems like by doing so I swallowed the Enter of the Search box.

Thanks for reporting this.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)